1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

OCC on discovery channel

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by greggarage, Jan 21, 2006.

1. greggarage

greggarage New Member

These bikes look good on TV but i have noticed they don't think much on safety issues :( . There Sissy bars long pointed ends, front fenders pointed toward on coming traffic,the list goes on . Just imagine a head on crash or a little crash against a pedestrian . :( foot pegs :eek: Its nice to custom you bikes or cars . i do em for some of my customers but you got to think a bit on safety :)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

most of the bikes on the tube are for show only......they show case what a shop can produce and try to out bling/bling the other shows. if you check you will probably find that the bike shop owners usually ride a more conservitive bike.......
    chuck
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

I agree w/ Chuck. The bikes you see on the show are around $150,000.00 If you have that much to spend on a scoot, I imagine there's an alternate scoot for "just riding".
  4. smokey stover

smokey stover New Member

this is very true , paul sr. and the occ bunch was down here in key west for new years, and i seen paul sr. riding a metalic orange dresser on several occasions, but he was the only one i seen on the roads. the others were around town, but no mentions of bikes.

smokey
  5. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Except maybe for Paul Sr., they are all posers anyway. I can't tell you how many times on the show, I've seen them take their truck in to work on a beautiful day. Mikey (who's my favorite) even took a cab several times, when his car was broke down, instead of riding that "jazz" bike.

I'm not a dedicated fan to the 'old school' style or anything, but I really appreciated the real world function of Indian Larry's bikes. If you watch some of these build off shows, you will see the difference between the metal sculptors and the bike builders.

How many "pretty" bikes have you seen that can't or won't start and run when its time for the ride portion. Even Billy Lane, who seems to be a fan favorite, can't manage to produce a reliable runner. Indian Larry's bikes, and a few others, like Russell (exhile cycles), always have great running bikes. Those are the guys who really get my respect. The rest are jewelers for the "I've got money to burn" crowd. :rolleyes:

End of rant....thankyou. :p
  6. dutch

dutch New Member

posers

I agree with all the comments on this chooper thing but, look at the interest and sales this has brought to the motorcycle industry. This may turn out to be the key in keeping the Government at bay with all the new rules. And those in the know think 2006 may match or beat the all time best sales of 1973. I'm not sure of the numbers but, I think it was a million and a half new registrations. So keep watching just in case someone is counting??? Dutch
  7. Harley Rider

Harley Rider New Member

Dutch, I think the price of Gasoline might be adding as many riders as watching biker build offs on television.
    Anyway that's what the DMV guy told me was the biggest reason for the increase in people getting a license this year.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I liked what Donny Smith used to do with FXR's years back. Indian Larry's stuff was pretty neat..I'm not much on the choppers though.
  9. greggarage

greggarage New Member

Indian Larry's bikes. and the build offs great programs thats the real world :cool: ,but i get a good laugh with Mikey , Paul Jr should show a little bit more respect for Sr. :D dutch has a point as well.
  10. Tumshie

Tumshie New Member

Occ

I wonder as OCC's wealth grows if they are forgetting about who helped get them to where they are? On the last episode I seen Paul Jr. driving a Mercedes. You never see them pull up riding a bike like Seahag stated.
  11. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Yup, I remember a couple of seasons ago Jr. stated he didn’t even like to ride. Those guys are so fat now its not funny, fat wallets, fat bank accounts, nice big fat houses, ect.ect. They have made millions on just the T-shirts and toys, let alone the T.V. stuff. That’s all fine and dandy, more power to them and the others… :rolleyes: