1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Choppers' real-life drama now in court

By Meghan E. Murphy
    Times Herald-Record
    Posted: December 11, 2009 - 2:00 AM

GOSHEN — A father-son drama that has played out on national television moved into the courtroom Thursday.

The Orange County Choppers' Paul Teutul Sr. filed a lawsuit in state Supreme Court in Goshen against his son, Paul Teutul Jr., for what could amount to millions in damages. The core argument is over how much Senior should pay Paulie for his share of the company, headquartered in the Town of Newburgh.

In an explosive episode that aired at the beginning of season six of TLC's "American Chopper," Paulie was fired from the company. In real life, as part of the termination, Paulie agreed to sell his 20 percent ownership to his father, according to the suit.

Since then, the two have been unable to compromise on how much that share is worth.

"It's sad it's come to this," Senior's lawyer, Richard Mahon II, said.

Because the two could not agree, Senior is asking the court to appoint an appraiser to value the company. The suit also asks for an injunction barring Paulie from engaging in competitive business activities and interfering with the company's relationship with suppliers.

Senior is asking for compensatory damages, as yet to be determined, but which the suit contends could be more than $1 million, and punitive damages of $1 million.

Paulie recently started his own company, called Paul Jr. Designs, where he now works instead of building motorcycles with his dad.

Paulie said Wednesday he hadn't yet been served with the lawsuit.

mmurphy@th-record.com

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/912110363
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My dads gone now but was sure glad we were like best friends, wouldn't want that A-Hole for a dad. That guy is a total jerk.
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Both are jerks and posers, JMO.
  4. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Amazing how two people couldn't see how lucky they are to make that kind of money especially today with so many losing their jobs and savings. They are both "f" ed up. Let the lawyers take their money "Jr" and "Sr" don't deserve it. I am not sure but I thing Cody is also suing OCC for back pay.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Unbelievable. Why didn't they just get an appraiser in the first place? In fact, if they were doing the accounting correctly, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to figure out how much the company is worth.

Junior probably should have taken what he could back then, because it must have lost a lot of value by now. Senior's probably counting on that. What a waste of time.

Newburgh is such a dump of a town. I always wondered where they were in Orange County but never cared enough to figure it out.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Man did you ever look at the size of Paul Jr. House.

WTF is wrong with these guys makin this kind of money that they got to Butt heads.
    I could kiss my X OL butt, and I hate her for that kind of money. :banghead:
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

+1
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Soap Opera - biker style!
    What a shame that fame goes to some guys head and they turn into total A--holes. The companies that they built for are sure to take note and stop doing buss. with them and that equals a loss of money for occ. To bad to, cause Paul jr. had some real talent for designing artistic bikes. Not the old style choppers of yesteryear but nice designs anyhow.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

+2
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep they got what they deserve two A holes , two of my son's who we have worked together on cars trucks Motorcycles , both told me Dad if you ever talked to me like that there would be a fight ,They both added that they would would bring enough lunch for the both of us
    Even in my worst days I never talked to any of my kids like paul SR did to his son's TV or not you don't talk to your kids like that
    When they did the space shuttle bike it was well over 50 K , My son-in -laws family got to meet them & his mother works for NASA so got a lot of the inside stuff I have yet to see any of there bikes that are worth that kinda money , most of them are just bolt together parts from other shops :gah:
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I hope they all loose their ass. The only one I ever thought was a decent guy was Vinny.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Vinny has his own shop now, don't remember then name of it. We saw him in Rapid City in 08 he had a booth at the H-D dealership for the Sturgis Rally. He seemed like a nice guy, but then I'm a nice guy when I have a pocket full of money,,,:roflmao:
  13. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

yeah, saw the show a couple of times,vinny had to assemble and wire in the engines and parts they sourced out....but paulie did know how to bend a set of bars:rolleyes: I saw the show when they bought Mikey a Harley....why didn't they build him a Mikey bike???:roflmao:

Oh yeah, Happy New Year:D:cheers::drunk::roflmao:
  14. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Just another greedy John and Kate, all that money and artificial fame generated by a tv show. I hope both those douche bags sue each other into oblivion.

Themes are for amusement parks and parade floats, not motorcycles.
  15. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

What a bunch of shtheads. Hope they all go broke die pennyless.