1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Officially starting the mods!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Kbar, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Kbar

Kbar New Member

So, I just a started modding my Shadow. It's going to take a while to get it all done, but I'm excited about it! It came with some Suzuki mirrors on it that were criminally useless, so I changed those for some chromed aftermarket cheapies that are working out great! The blinkers are being held together by electrical tape, so I ordered a light bar for the forks. Plenty more changes to come! Will post pics when I get the light bar installed!
    Red Rider likes this.
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Congrats, enjoy, be safe.
  3. Kbar

Kbar New Member

Thanks!!!

Light bar came in yesterday and my buddy and I installed it. The jibe is a bit haphazardous and I'll have to go back and refine a good little bit, but it worked!!! I ordered a replacement trim ring for the headlight. While I was in there I found that my headlight has already been replaced with an LED. Bonus!!!

Looking into replacing the rear blinkers now. But I'll post pictures of the light bar once I've refined it a bit.
  4. Kbar

Kbar New Member

I ordered some canvas saddlebags, they came in yesterday. I have a strange affinity for canvas...I also ordered some brass wire brushes and a new OEM headlight trim ring. That should be here today. The de-rusting will commence soon! Pics are still coming
  5. Kbar

Kbar New Member

Sorry its been so long since I posted here. A bunch to update...The Honda, now officially dubbed as Wednesday, has been torn apart and put back together since I last posted. The tank, side panels, and fenders have been bedlined with Duplicolor Bed Armor. The bottoms of the forks are now matte black. The bike is pretty well de-rusted, though still not perfect in that respect. The cylinder head covers were changed for a pair that both had similar mileage on them as the bike and have much better chrome. Fuel filter, oil filter, and air filter have all been changed. New (to me) OEM pipes. New oil. New friction plates. Also, new emblems on the tank that I'm having issues getting to stick... cheap Chinese pieces of shite!!! New horn as well...thing is loud!!! I also pulled off the jug covers and had them sandblasted. I'm not done yet either! Right now I have some rubbing noises coming from the front wheel that I need to investigate and the instrument panel is vibrating like my wife's favorite toy! The tank is also a bit shaky so I got some new rubbers and gaskets to order to stiffen things up.

Also to come;
    -Changing coolant
    -Changing brake fluid
    -Spark plugs
    -carb cleaning
    -powder coating the rims
    -powder coating the engine and jug covers
    -highway bars
    -sissy bar
    -replacing rear blinker housings

I'll post some pics today if possible. I'll be working on both of my bikes so I'll have them out.
  6. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Keep going, You're on your way