1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Oil Coolers

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bushwackerhd, Jun 24, 2012.

1. bushwackerhd

bushwackerhd New Member

Does a person really need a oil cooler in the Midwest, (Wisconsin)? I mean I could see if you live in a climate as AZ. Cal., you know what I mean where it gets hotter then $#&& for the majority of the year. I know the engine needs to get hot enough to burn off moisture. but here it normally doesn't stay to hot for that long. They come with thermo valves now where it bypasses the cooler to maintain the correct temperature but are they worth the money?

Looking for some input.

Tom
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

stock engine probably not, big stroker high HP
    then its not a bad idea, won't hurt you in the winter
    as long as it's got the thermostat, and will help
    when it does get hot (engine temp) not just outside
    temp.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If you never plan on leaving where you live you should be OK. Like HRK said if your stock you'll be OK to.