1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Oil for Roadster

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by billy44, Apr 24, 2022.

1. billy44

billy44 New Member

I have a 2015 Harley Roadster, been looking for an oil that will at least be durable and hold up, looking to go with this:

https://www.searchforparts.com/moto...-2015-xl-883r-sportster-roadster-cs-883-54-ci

if you have another suggestion for long distance protection or intervals let me know, I ride for long distances and would rather not have someone I do now know service my bike if I am far from home, so I need something that can stretch out the interval and not break down to get back home for service, thank you!!
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Those Oils are a GREAT Choice! I use nothing but AMSOIL in ALL vehicles that I have. I am also an AMSOIL dealer and I ca get you set up to where yo can save a lot of money on all AMSOIL products. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will get back to and get you started.... By the way, Sportsters are COOL!
  3. fred roberts

fred roberts New Member

I used Amsoil for years too until my son (who works on jets) brought to my attention that Redline Oil is as good as Amsoil but a lot cheaper. I switched a while back and what nI notice the first few shifts on my Harley night train was the smoothness and not as hard of clunk in to the different gears. I'm sold on it and you can get the fluid change kits on Amazon at a great price. Sorry Amsoil after 30 years I've swithed.