1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

OIL, which one do you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by kamakazi, Jan 31, 2006.

?

Which do you use in your Hog?

1. Mobil 1

57.9%
  2. Amsoil

15.8%
  3. HD 360

15.8%
  4. Redline

5.3%
  5. regular dino

5.3%
  1. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

So, this IS to beat a dead horse in a way, which one do you prefer and why?
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Well if I have to... :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  3. oldsuperglide

oldsuperglide New Member

oil,which is the best

I prefer straight 50wt in winter, 60wt in the summer. valvoline holds up the best in the texas summers. 60wt gets thin in the summer, just think what the blended oil does like 20-50wt.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i use castoroil straight 70wt in my 65 flh..eng and transmission
    mobil 1 vtwin in my 06 electraglide engine, the new transmission oil from harley, i dont remember what they call it.......
    chuck
  5. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

mobil 1 15w/50

I did some research and found that mobil 1 15w/50 is more than efficient in it's use with the twin cam 88's. Spectro analysis were performed at 1,000 miles and 5,000 miles and was compared to HD 360 20w50 oil... Guess who lost... HD V-twin is a full synthetic oil but the cost is absolutely rediculous! check it out for yourselfs and just google it...
  6. CD

CD Guest

Redline.

I have been working on getting setup with Redline as a distributor for awhile and now I finally have it in stock and it is going in to project FXR-SFFF today!
  7. scooter

scooter New Member

I run the Mobil 1 20w50...Sportster seems to be happy, so then I in turn am happy. Stands up to the 110 degree plus days on the road down here in July/August. (Maybe I should drink a quart or two for myself on those days?)

scoot