1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

OK, OK which one

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Feb 27, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

image.jpg So which one of you guys up in that frozen country were out doing this sheet.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

wimp :coldfeet: he's got his feet down!
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Not me I'm a wussy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  4. FLHTbiker

Picture was taken in Minisoda, could that be Johnybiker going to work?
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like Paul testing JB's scoot...
  6. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

LOL...Me too...
  7. FLHTbiker

Oh, now that's a definite possibility
  8. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    Those feet down do nothing. Been there. May as well pick em up and ride. If you got any speed at all and it starts the slide out, your going down anyway and may break the leg doing it. Just ride, crash, pick it up and ride again. That is if you can get traction enough to pick it up. And inch of snow is a lot easier to ride in though. Fresh that is. Once cars make there squirrelly ruts even that is dicey.
  9. FLHTbiker

Myself and 4 others rode in almost a inch of hail once between Klamath Falls and Northern Calif border one time heading for Street Vibrations. We all rode in the track the first bike left, was a little slippery for awhile until we could find a safe place to pull over.
  10. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    Did you get hailed on or ride into it after? I rode in it in Oklahoma and stuff hurts! Yours must have sounded strange with them crunching under the tires.
  11. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Hell no ! Im in sunny hot south florida! Thats just to fn cold for this boy
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Dude is hard core . . .
  13. FLHTbiker

While we were riding out in the middle of nowhere. It finally got so bad we had to pull over once we found a place.
  14. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

If we wouldn't have salt I would do it. Yeah Paul a wuss, he mad at me still for lying to him last year. Lol

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
  15. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

I live in the great white north,, and that is out of the question. My buddy is hard core to say the least and rode his wife's low rider home from the stealer in March. Low 30's with a system coming in. Thought he could get it home before it hit but ended up in light snow for about 20 miles, with the last few miles before home close to 2 inches on the ground. Barely made it up the hill and after stopping to open the garage door they had to push it in. That cured even him.
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That looks like me 30 years ago , got caught in new mexico on a rode trip & had to ride about 60 miles in that kinda of weather found a motel , got so cold my coil cracked & the desk cleck knew a guy who delivered on a sunday $50 installed & on my way ,I had no choise but to ride about 20mph feet down never fell down Buy had to buy new boots for the 1000 mile ride home
  17. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Adventurous times for sure. Love reading about 'em, boys. Only rode in the snow once, in February of '72. Rode my ironhead from northern Ohio straight to Melbourne, Fla. in less than 24 hours. Had enough of the cold & the white stuff. By the time I hit Virginia, as I recollect, the snow had disappeared, but it was still quite cold. Stayed in Florida till the spring thaw up north. I could do that then as I was not tied down by anything.
  18. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Back in 1979-1980 I owned 3 bikes one of which was a Goldwing with a Velorex sidecar. I worked about 15 miles from home. I would zip up a snowmobile suite over my slacks shirt and tie put on my full face lid and take the hack in the snow to work. That rig drove better in the snow than my rear wheel drive car. Weekends a buddy and I would take the hack out for tooling around in the snow. The "Glory Days"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  19. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Took the old Honda to high school decades ago in winter like a fool. Beautiful crisp morning, well below freezing but roads bare. Couple hours and few classes later, school was prematurely closed due to a blizzard that cropped up. All the smart kids took the bus or had mommy come get them. I had to drive home with 20-30 cm (about a foot) of snow on roads, blizzard like winds, and dark grey clouds. The feet on ground thing works if you spread your legs out enough, like pontoons. Wouldn't do it again for nothing, but it was fun to a kid. 20 min trip home usually was about 2 hours of freezing that day.