1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

One Million Dollar Deer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 8, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Several years ago my dad and I where hunting up the Murders Creeks area out of John Day OR and I came across a big Mule Deer Buck that had a rack on his head just like that. No, didn't shoot him just couldn't do that to such a fine magnificent animal like that. He sure was big and that rack was something else. Wished I would have had a camera with me that day.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Frankly, pen-raised, man-bred, high-fenced hunted mutant deer don't interest me in the least. I'll take Western high country spot & stalk, even if it kills me.

FLHT - I, too, encountered a magnificent buck a few years back. I still get misty-eyed thinking about him...which is often, as I am reminded of him every time I see his head on my wall! :roflmao:

:cheers:
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JMO shoot them all,
    eat them bury them
    but get them the heck away from the
    roads...
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

As many hunters as they are in Texas
    Unless you got thousands of dollars to get on s trophy ranch
    You ain't gonna see many deer with huge racks
  6. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Don't have much problem with hitting deer on the road around here, or just nobody says anything about it because us coonass' eat them too quick :roflmao:
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

We have a problem here on Long Island with whitetail over population. The Bambi lovers will not let culling. So we have to worry about hitting them with cages and more importantly on our scooters. I don't care if the run over deer feeds starving children, I wouldn't want my ass on my hog hitting one. Now we have turkey (bird type) coming back strong, ground hog, red tail hawks, osprey, falcon, and sika deer.
  8. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

RR, only got to hunt out west couple of times, go to Illinois each year to bow hunt with a buddy of mine, runs a small outfitter service. Made one trip to Saskatchewan. Hunted several southeastern states. Still my favorite is bow hunting Mountains of Western NC. Guess it is all where you grew up and have history. Never hunted anywhere I did not enjoy.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:roflmao::roflmao: That is funny shiit there!!!
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, venison!