1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

One reason I carry a gun

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

2. SK

SK New Member

SOB..that's one reason I finally got my CWP here in Nevada recently. Just try kicking in my windshield!

BTW Goose..I'm still looking at circleling around the US this Summer after I graduate in May..hope to stop by on my way thru Texas.
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

What a bunch of douchebags, If I couldn't have shot them, I would've run them over and made somebody my new hood ornament. :angry:
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Ah Jeez,,,, just some boys trying to have a little fun…
    Nothing that a 12 gauge Street-sweeper couldn’t take care of. It’s the one gun I still must have for my collection.
    I don’t think there would be too many rioters hanging around after you start blowing off round after round after round of a 12 gauge shotgun…:fight:
  5. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

we know it was not filmed in texas..........
    smirking.......

our police department,
    would take that as free pass.........
    to clean the streets how ever neccasery......
    our redneck police would be in heven,
    wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo, puts the pistol away and grabs a
    M-16.......and yess our cops do have M-16's .............soft smile

thinking to myself.........all that trouble........for good bbq
  6. BigJfxdwg

BigJfxdwg New Member

Start hitting them?

Why not start runnin' em down. Tell you what, if I didn't have the 45 with and people started that crap with me and my truck I just start tryin' to hit me a couple.
    What the hell is wrong with people the days. Time to start thining the herd.:fight:
  7. Goose

Goose New Member

Keep me on the list. We'll ride up the coast to Galveston, might can say hi to Texas Road Glide. :D It ain't California HWY 1, but the ride out of Freeport/Surfside over the toll bridge at San Luis Pass and down west beach is about as pretty as it gets in the flat lands. :D
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

don't forget a rest stop

Don't forget to stop for a couple minute brake in San Antonio!!! Door is almost always open...just call ahead to make sure I am home!!:eek: :D Couple hours drive on down to Victoria area....good place for a break!
  9. SK

SK New Member

You got it Goose..look forward to it. I'll be makin a stop in Houston for a couple of days afterward. Thinking of going down around Big Bend..are the banditos something to be wary of down that way?
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

not sure which banditos you are refering to, but if you dont wear colors there is no problem....as for the spanish type....well, they dont usually bother ya either....big bend is a great ride!!! and the folks are real friendly....
  11. SK

SK New Member

I was thinking more of the Spanish type, but I probably won't venture over the border. I know it's pretty sparse down that way. I don't wear colors of any kind any more and don't worry about bikers in general any way.

Cool..always wanted to ride through Big Bend..heard it was beautiful.
  12. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I carry a gun but not enough bullets!
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

you couldn't possibly carry enough bullets.....:D
  14. SK

SK New Member

I'll be carrying..though I don't believe that's much of a problem in Texas (where you're born with a carry permit). :cool:
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

That's good, just stock up on shells that's all. :D In Jersey, you couldn't get a permit to carry unless you're a friggin cop! Talk about tight with the rules!!
  16. SK

SK New Member

California is a trip when it comes to getting a permit. It's done by county, so if you're in a liberal county like Sacramento or San Francisco..you can just about forget it (except for ole chief of police Byrd in the delta town of Isleton who based his yearly budget on how many permits he could sell). I lived in Placer county just east of Sacramento county in the foothills (mostly Republican..rare in California) and the sherriff was pretty conservative (you have to go in and be interviewed by the sherriff or chief of police in most counties). I gave the Placer county sherriff my spiel about protecting my brother's band when they loaded their equipment at 2am back into their trucks and vans after their gig and the sherriff said it sounded good to him and gave me the permit.

I like Nevada (Texas is similar I gather) in that there's no questioned asked as long as you're not a felon. Just take the class and give em a check.
  17. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I like those rules, a quick form and a nice little check! Although you know how those guns kill people :rolleyes: they go off all by themselves without any help at all.......:rolleyes:
  18. Goose

Goose New Member

They don't let you go across at Boquillas anymore and see the local, uh, lady, like they used to. There was a bar down there, one Mexican guy made a living hauling Gringos across in his boat by rope, another would rent you a burro for a few bucks for the trip. Ain't that far. But, that's shut down now, I heard. There's absolutely NOTHING there to attract robbers except in the summer tourist season, but I've not heard about much problem there. I don't think the drug runners and coyotes run through the park, too risky. But, out of El Paso, be wary at night especially. Ain't too safe on 90. Armed thieves, drug runners, and coyotes lurk there. I don't have the urge to visit border towns anymore, especially Nuevo Loredo. Hell, they're tossin' RPGs and stuff over there at each other, Baghdad on the Rio Grande.:rolleyes: I used to go over there in my younger days and, well, I used to go over there occasionally. But, I have no reason to be there now days and no desire to risk life and limb.

The park, though, is beautiful and I wouldn't miss it if I were you. Check out Boquillas canyon, Santa Elena Canyon, and spend some time in the mountains, ride up to the basin. It's just so pristine and beautiful it's hard to describe.
  19. Goose

Goose New Member

Oh, BTW, bought me a new toy the other day. Been wantin' a over/under 20 gauge they sell at Academy, but couldn't really justify it since I have 3 12s, a side by side, an auto, and a pump. I do a lot of bird/waterfowl hunting.

I walked in to a gun shop in Victoria and found a Remington Spartan side by side 20 gauge with 20" tubes, light, screw in chokes, double triggers. Taken apart, this thing will fit in about ANY saddle bags or the top trunk on my GoldWing. I patterned it with dove loads, number 3 buck, and shot it for accuracy with slugs at 50 yards and it's awesome! It throws a nice, tight pattern with No. 8s at 40 yards with a full choke tube.

Opening weekend of north zone dove last fall, I rode up to Waco to hunt with an old friend on his property. He has farm land and his dad farms about 600 acres total. I put my winchester 1400 auto loader in a gun case, strapped it to the seat, and rode up. I was paranoid to leave sight of it the whole trip thinking "what if I have a flat" and such. Now, with this new 20, I can just break it down and store it in the top box or a bag. :D It's also pretty decent for self defense in camp or whatever. Of course, I have a carry permit for my pistols/revolvers, but having a shotgun along could come in handy even if I ain't headed out to go hunting. :D I have to have something under 24" to stash on the wing. My old 12 has 28" tubes.

[​IMG]
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice find Goose, I am stilll waiting to pick up my Kel-tek 9mm rifle. This baby is semi, (cause full auto is illegal in NJ of course), has a collapsable stock, (I believe a pistol grip as well) and the barrel folds in half. When "folded up", this thing could fit in a kitchen faucet box. It comes with a 10 round clip and an optional 35 round clip, (which is also illegal in NJ), the same ones that fit into a Glock 9. Pretty nice, and when I finally get up there to pick it up, I am looking at a 12Ga pump, the kind that ejects the shells out the bottom. I think it was a Remi 870? It was a while ago I saw it and I looked at so many I can't remember which one it was, but being lefty, I don't like the shells hitting me in the face, I'm ugly enough! Eventually I'll post some pics of it. :D