1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Oregon 500 Today

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, May 8, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

A friend of mine and I rode the Oregon 500 today. We started off leaving at 6:30 AM and heading for Astoria on the coast. Astoria sits at the mouth of the Columbia river and is the furthest north and west city in Oregon. We crossed over the Astoria bridge into WA. and headed north up 101 in Washington. We rode 101 (coastal Hwy) north towards Port Angeles, Aberdeen and many other towns. Chuck, several of the towns we went through along 101 had mounds upon mounds of Oyster shells and several restaurants were cooking fresh Oysters outside.
    The pictures are looking at the Olympic Pen. mountains and couple of the many lakes we rode past. Total miles today was 519.8 on the Red/Gold Ultra and the shifting worked great, no missed shifts.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

beautiful pics!!! i do like a good oyster....raw or cooked!!!! glad the bike shifted for you....still running the stock shifter or did they give you another custom one?
  3. FLHTbiker

They gave me another custom one but it to turned out to be to stiff and started doing the same thing. I put the stock one back on and it worked fine.
    You should make a trip up here and you could eat Oysters and crab all the way up the OR and WA coast Hwy 101. :)
  4. chucktx

it is in my bucket list..............!!!!!!!!!!!

do they know why they are stiff????? poor machining, design, or both????
  5. FLHTbiker

Made in China....is my guess
  6. chucktx

yup, nuff said!!!!!!!!
  7. FLHTbiker

The ends that pivot are real tight, like they crimped em to tight and now they bind up. I hears they used to have to warranty em cause they got to loose and would rattle so my guess is they put the word out to the manufacture to tighten em up but they went over board with em.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

pic's look good , that's some pretty country
  9. FLHTbiker

You should ride up here some time and take a look. :)