1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Organizing a swap meet

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh my goodness. This is a lot of work, but hopefully it will be much easier in the long run. I was talking to a biker bar/restaurant owner about using his place as a gathering place for rides to be sponsored by ABATE. The rides aren't anything organized, which is the point. There are SO many poker runs and other charity events every weekend. While they are all good causes, who can afford to pay $25 every weekend, and why do you always want to go where ride organizers send you (basically the same ride over and over again anyway). So I went to talk about starting Sunday Freedom Rides, which is really just a gimmick to promote ABATE and also gives him business.

While talking about that, the subject of having a swap meet at his place came up. He's got the room for something small. I didn't want to do that for ABATE, because it's a lot of work, and as much as I'd like to help ABATE succeed in my new district, I'm self-employed and could stand to do something to make some bucks myself. So I started an event planning business and will be doing this one swap meet this year and have them monthly there next year. It's been a lot of work, but the response has been great.

If you're going to be around northern Colorado on August 22nd, stop by the Hideout in Fort Collins!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Excellent idea

hows the book coming along?
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very good idea, wished I was closer.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good luck with the endeavor!!! i know it will be a success with you ram rodding it!!!!!!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep we all know you can make it work just fine , just creck that whip 7 your in gear :D