1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Paper on back window

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by mark novak, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mark novak

mark novak New Member

Toms River Police Dept. NOT A JOKE

BEWARE

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for gas. Luckily my friend had told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday:

'**WARNING FROM POLICE***
    **BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHIC LE--NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'***

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating... You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into there rearview mirror to back out o f your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, un lock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

**BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.***

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail.
    I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall in to the wrong hands.

Detective James J . Magovern
    Arson / Auto Theft Unit
    Toms River Police Department
    Criminal Investgations Bureau
    255 Oak Avenue
    Toms River, N.J. 08754-0876
    Main #: 732-349-0150 Ext: 7244
    Fax #: 732-349-1352
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

3. mark novak

mark novak New Member

I'm sorry, Didn't mean to scare anyone. I just found out that this was a hoax
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

once this circulates, it probably wont be a hoax.............i bet some try it!!
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Gotta love snopes.....I see alot of crap like this....same with endorsements or criticizms of people attributed to "Generals" or celebrities. I'm always suspicious of stuff like this...same with people on the street corner asking for money under the guise of helping some poor soul. I dont understand these e-mails...whats the purpose ?? To get e-mail addresses maybe ?
  6. mark novak

mark novak New Member

If some one trys this with me I'll shot the basturd