1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Parts change

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I took my 94 softail out for a ride yesterday I notced the bake brake did'nt sound right so took it apart to find the pads down to all most metal , so picked up a set today & put them in , & since the TC is still down I swaped the V ducter over to the evo :D going to give it a try tomorrow & see been getting about 50 mpg riding easy so now I see if I can up that :cool:
  2. parker

parker New Member

I use dp gold seem to work well.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Damn Evo's....60,000 miles and the rear pads wear out;):roflmao:Geeze,if you improve on 50MPG the bike will pay for itself in a couple of years:)
    Gonna have to order one for my twinkie...anyone use one on a Delphi fuelie??
  4. cowboy

Lmao ya your right there , I just Cruz the evo only got into it once or twice , I had the v duck on my TC when it was a efi delfi unit & just reinstalled it when I swapped it to carb it worked real good on the efi
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You still have those long horns mounted ?
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:you aint givin up on that twin cam are you cowboy . send me that bike ill fix that oil pressure problem no charge that is just mean to leave a harley broken and lonley in a dark garage all alone no one around to wipe her down while her little cuz gets the **** rode out of her!:eek:
  7. cowboy

LOL wish I had the funds to send her down , Ain't giving up on her , just been busy & trying to save a bit of money going out of state next week for My & Mom's birthday 's, mom turns 90 & me 60 , I do wipe the dust off :( & put a cover on her , when I get back she'll come apart & I'll find out whats going on with her :banghead: I enjoy the softail but do miss the E glide , Think I found a super trap 2 into 1 for the softail going to try & put it when I get back from Nm around the 9-9- 11 or so
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  8. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

just making sure you dont forget about the twin cam you will remember her on the 250 mile and you back side gets sore . happy birthday to your mom and you as well in advance brother.
  9. cowboy

Nope couldn't forget about her the E glide is getting a fixer upper when I get back from N M , a couple years back I ran 800 miles in a day on it & could have gone more but ended at the Ol house :)
  10. cowboy

went for a ride the other night on the evo seems a bit better on throttle response , haven't check the MPG yet , we ran into a guy from east TX on a 96 Evo sounded good said he shaved the heads 50 & a ev 27 cam all the rest was stock, dam it ran good His buddy had a 09 dyna 96 in & said they ran the hwy at 75-80 MPH all day In the heat & the EVo had no trouble staying up with his 96in
    PS my son gave me some ship about not working on the E glide before I go , so I informed him when I get back he's helping on it & his kids are staying at home , A 2 year old & 4 year old love then but not while trying to work on my bike ,
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehehe........
  12. cowboy

Lol ya the 2 yr old boy is just like his dad was at that age grab a wrench & go to town on anything