1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Passport Application

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 12, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

THIS IS PRICELESS:
    ACTUAL PASSPORT APPLICATION LETTER SENT BACK TO STATE DEPARTMENT

Dear Mrs. Ms. or Sir:

I'm in the process of renewing my passport and still cannot believe this.

How is it that Radio Shack has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a cable TV from them in 1987 (23 years ago), and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date.

For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand? Ever heard of computers?

My birth date you have in my social security file. It's on EVERY income tax form I've filed for the past 30 years. It's on my Medicare health insurance card and my driver's license, It's on the last eight damn passports I've had, It's on every stupid customs declaration form I've had to fill out before being allowed off the plane for the last 30 years. And it's on all those census forms that we have to do at election times.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Maryanne, my father's name is Robert and I'm reasonably confident that neither name is likely to change between now and when I die.

Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bureaucratic bull****!

You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my #*&#%*& address.

What is going on? You must have a gang of bureaucratic Neanderthal morons working there!

Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? And "No," I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for chris sakes. I just want to go and park my big behind on a sandy beach. And would someone please tell me, why would you give a darn whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?

If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I'd sure as hell not want to tell anyone!

Well, I have to go now because I have to go to the other end of the city and get another freakin copy of my birth certificate to the tune of $100.

Would it be so difficult to have all the services in the same area so I could get a new passport the same day? Nooooo! That would require planning and organization. And it would be too logical for the @&^*^%@% government.

You'd rather have us running all over the place like a Chinese Fire Drill or Key Stone Cops. Then, we have to find some Butthole to confirm that it's really me in the damn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile.......Hey, you know why we can't smile?

We're totally pissed off!

Signed

- An Irate Citizen.

P.S. Remember what I wrote about getting someone to confirm that the picture is me? Well, my family has been in the United States of America since 1776. I have served in the military for something over 35 years and have had security clearances up the ying yang. However, I have to get someone important to verify who I am - you know someone like my doctor........ WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN INDIA!

And you stupid disorganized idiots want to run our health care system????? GOD HELP AMERICA!
  2. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

God Help America!!!
    Crank
  3. Panthera

Panthera New Member

As much as I can understand the frustration presented, unfortunately, people concerned with privacy and invasive government has cause laws to be passed that prevent different agencies in the government form sharing information. The result is the mess you mention above. Maybe it is good though, it would be really scary if the government knew what it was doing!
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:eek: Now that would be scary/
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

agreed!!!!!:banghead: