1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pauljrdesigns

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 27, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

What do I think? I think he got my e-mail address from a purchased list, and no matter how often I request disconnection I cannot seem to get rid of him.

I also know that I will never spend a dime in his store.
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

That's embarrassing!! If you read it it says he is designing grills for Coleman. And all that is for sale on this website is hats and shirts and most of the shirts have Mikey's name on them. Holy crap what a fall. :eek:
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The old man is a total jerk and JR ain't much better. Mickey is just a burned out druggie. Nothing really much knew just a continuation of the same family feud. :rolleyes::puke:
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao::roflmao:
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I watched part of one show then had to give up on it, all they do is bull sh*% each other and whine, NO THANKS, never much cared for him any way, just some slob that got a lucky break then blew it. JMO
    And Vinny an't no better.
  7. The Tourist

Vinny does have some chops, though. He does also work on cars. And if you watched the old American Chopper format, they always had Vinny work on the more complicated stuff.

I was sorry to hear that Vinny was coming back. Not for the show, but for him and his family. I read between the lines and I feel that his family was better served by cutting ties with the Teutuls. True, Vinny had his own business, but he also has kids. My guess is that the network execs threw a bucket of money at him trying to once again capture lightning in a bottle.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

My bet is Vinny's bike company was broke,
    nobody is buying those bikes anymore,
    it's old school or baggers..

No TV show for vinny either, plus if they did offer him bucks
    he SHOULD take it, never pass that stuff up, fools would, I wouldn't...

Jr is trying to make a show of it, and selling the SWAG is where the money is
    they made millions off hats and t-shirts glasses, cups whatever as AC originally.

Frankly it's the American dream, get an idea, do some work, get lucky,
    deposit the cash... Gotta love it for that, even if you hate the show
    they are doing what America is all about.

And it's better than being forced to watch the Brady Bunch Dancing with the Stars...
  9. The Tourist

I believe you are right. I'm not even sure Vinny's website is up, or even popular.

But there used to be a whole bunch of these shows, like American Hot-Rod and Monster Garage. These things had a great run, but like all things they went out of fashion.

As for DWTS, like it or not, that's the new craze. What started as a show for B-List celebrities is now a success.

Watching the Teutuls talk through their attorneys while the hired help builds cookie-cutter bikes is actually going to kill the franchise.
  10. FLHTbiker

I wished they all would go bankrupt then they wouldn't be on TV any longer. Especially the old man, just can't stomach that attitude, makes me just wanna punch him. Wouldn't even go out of my way if he was in town. Can't see what JR's girlfriend see in him except, his money. :rolleyes:
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

If he don't handle his money any better than he does his wrenches he won't have it long..
  12. The Tourist

Isn't that really the crux of this entire season--I mean, besides the reason I don't watch it?

It seems they're building fewer bikes and spending more time in court. That leads me to believe that the pieces of the pie are getting smaller. And as someone pointed out, Mikie is fresh from rehab and Paul Jr. must be churning through the cash starting his own business. As for Senior, how many old school choppers can he sell? His kid was the one that designed the new stuff.

You don't have to like someone to build a successful business. Most of the people I worked with/for I couldn't stand, and we did some fantastic work. Adults learn to set such things aside.
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I wanna see Jr's girlfriend danc'n with the stars

Or maybe even Sr have to do it...
  14. cardboard

Yea me toooo
  15. popeye

popeye Active Member

I might actually watch it then.
  16. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I like how you said "cookie cutter bikes." When the show started, I really liked it because it was very original and the bike were HOT!! Neither of them have mad a bike in a long time that i have actually liked. Say what you will about JR, but if it was not for that Black Widow bike, I am not too sure that they would have lasted. The old man is a dink!
  17. cardboard

YOu got to admit the guys do screw off a lot.
    And they don't check things out fully before they stick em together.
    Always got to alter something.
    I would hate to own one of their bikes.

They always got something they didn't figure on.
    And I've seen it happen in real life in different business.

But if yer building a bike to sell you want to build something that you don't have to worry about breakin all the time and you don't have to hand make part for them, unless you've got a lot of money.
    And the Black Widow design is somethin that if you ride a lot is gonna break.

Senior is a businessman. He likes to jack around but don't like to see people not makin progress.
    I used to work for a Old German man when I learned Locksmithin. And he was just like senior. But if'n he put Vodka in his coffee in the mornin he was in a good mood.

And you got to admit Jr. is always gone, comes in late and is on the phone.
    Or gone to lunch or takin care of personal business.
    He don't work no where as hard as the rest of the guys.

On his new show he likes to come up with Ideas, but everybody else does more work than him.
    Think he might struggle if he makes it.
    But Jr. has a very pretty wife........
  18. steveb

steveb Active Member

I like the new show .I hope JR makes it . he put up with alot of bs from senior on the old show.
  19. FLHTbiker

I would love to see the old man eat crow and come to JR for help. The old man is just a jerk, glad my dad wasn't like him.

Dink :rolleyes: never heard that one before :)
  20. cardboard

Excuse me if'n i'm wrong but ain't the blonde on Jr's show his wife.

She is super pretty.