1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pc 3 or cobra fi2000

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by duke76, Jul 7, 2007.

1. duke76

duke76 New Member

I want to put a set of pipes on my 05 road king. The dealer want s to sell me SERT and says the pc 3 is junk and they have had nothing but problems with them they said thry used to install them but quit after they sent there 22nd one in. they advised if I was not going to go with the SERT then should go with the cobra because they have a waterproof circuit board and they have not had any problems with them. Anyone here got any suggestions or experiences with either of these thanks Todd
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have no experience, but i am sure someone will chime in on the controllers...
  3. stevenh

stevenh New Member

I don't know a whole lot on these myself but I just put a PC III on my Softail and got another one shipped for my gf's bike. I did some reading on 'em and didn't see anywhere that there's a lot of problems with them. I did use dielectric grease at the plugs and plug caps to prevent moisture from getting in.... at $350 a pop I hope what the dealer told you is wrong. Maybe I'll put a bag over it.

On the other hand, I have read good things about the Sert too... there's some blogs on this site even
  4. exegesic

exegesic New Member

Power Commander III

I have a PCIII and a set of V&H Big Shots on my softail. Before I bought this set up I had questions. The dealer was not interested so I looked online and found them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  5. CD

CD Guest

Hmm, I would call Mike Belcher at Dynojet and give him the dealers name, number and the name of the goofball jack ass that is spreading his BS.

They used to love to talk to dealers about supposed "problems" and returns.

Nice to see nothin' changes in the HD world but the date....
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I don't know much about the Cobra's... didn't they used to make CB radios? :p

If the dealer is telling you that about Power Commanders they are either blowing smoke up your bum or trying to sell you a product which they have a higher profit margin on. Either way, if anyone started saying things like they had sent it back 22 times, I'd think they were only looking to name-bash or sell you something else.

PCIII is a very good product, and I've known others who really like the Dynatek line as well. I'm not a big fan of the SERT's since you become tied to the dealer for mapping, whereas the PCIII maps (which there are many custom maps) can be downloaded and loaded up by anyone with a laptop.