1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

People trying to save money on GAS

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 29, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. cardboard

3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yeah baby! Job security. I was worried I wouldn't get any classes in after the wreck. Now they're hounding us daily to pick up more classes. I can only see good. Now maybe people will start paying more attention to motorcycles if their mothers/fathers/brothers/kids are riding.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am starting to see bill boards and signs about motorcycle awarness..........bout time i think!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

the local news here from Houston last week said that senice the M/C sales are up so are the thieves & from anywhere , they are getting them in broad day light , from office buliding , parking lots it does'nt matter, so lock your stuff up :eek:
  6. cardboard

Only way yer gonna stop a thief is with a gun.
    Better have yer bike insured. There has always been theives and there will always be thiefs.
  7. cowboy

I agree with you cardboard , but the 13 news even had the cop from HPD theif dept say there on the rise , so locking the front end , like always just keep a honest man honest if they want it they will get it , with or with out a alarm so pay for the full coverage insurence
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

geta honda hellix they'll leave you alone, nobody wants to be seen on one even a thief...
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

:roflmao: :roflmao:
  10. chucktx

:roflmao: :roflmao:
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea, I've been seein alot more tards on scooters lately....some of these people can't ride a bicycle let alone one powered by a motor. We have a guy at work who just bought a yamaha 125 scooter....When I told him he looked *** he said to me its not about the G-A-Y its all about the M-P-G.
  12. cardboard

Thought scooter was all about making noise, spinnin tire and having a good time.
  13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

seen one in salt lake this morning mom and TWO kids both with way to large helmets (they say they have to wear one not that it has to fit)on a little moped scooter :witsend:
  14. SK

SK New Member

Hey..I go to work and back on little Honda Ruckus for two plus months on one gallon of gas. Only place else I use it is to the grocery store down the street as I won't get out on the big boulevards with it. Damn thing can be parked anywhere. I don't care what it looks like..I'm saving big time cash. When it cools off here in Las Vegas..I'll just walk to work and back though as it's only 1.1 miles to work.
  15. chucktx

only difference i can see sk, you are an experienced rider, the mom with two kids with ill fitting helmets is asking to be taken out!!!!!!!!!:wtf:
  16. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

The scooters I was talkin about are like the 50cc kind that have a gas tank under the seat.
  17. cardboard

If'n yer trying to save money on Gas and on yer purchase of buying a scooter. I see a lot of folks driving one of these. Mabe you could use one.

Vento Motorcycles, USA
  18. cowboy

Last week My Daughter & I were riding in the next town over , & seen the lady on a little scooter just pull right out in front of A f250 never even looked his way , then yesterday I seen her on the hwy over here top speed about 30 mph hwy speed 60 mph , hes scooter look's like those elect one's
    but has a gas engine , no lid just a big grin , this make's for bad out come :(
  19. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I see they do have a motorcycle...250cc.....for $3600 ?? kinda pricey for a 250 aint it ??
  20. cardboard

I've seen the transmissions screw up on the chineese scooters too. And seen the frame break cause they are made out of such thin metal. A dude I know rides them.