1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Performance is relative

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

I'm going to be riding for team WRW Racing next season in mini endurance in CMRA (Central Motorcycle Roadracing Asso) and TMGP series (Texas Mini Grand Prix). WRW Racing is Billy Wiese in Houston, Texas. He's a first rate tuner, tuned recently in AMA superbike racing for a couple of teams. Anyhow, John, my partner and the owner of the bike, an NSR50 Honda has support from Billy. His wife runs the office for Billy, so that's the connection. Anyway, Billy has developed kits for the NSR in 50cc for TMGP light superbike and a 63cc decked, ported, and piped version for superbike class and CMRA F5. The guy works on anything and if you are in the Houston area, he is THE MAN I'd use for performance and dyno tuning on metric, Harley, whatever. I thought you guys would get a kick out of these dyno charts. I mean, the performance increase percentage wise is amazing, but there's just something comical about the stock torque curve peaking at 4.5 lb/ft. :D We're running the 63cc version and it will be competitive against the YSR 60cc MX motor stuff, I assure you. If we're down any in power, we aren't down in handling. That little devil will TURN a corner. :eek: It's a ton of fun to ride. Note, I'm told Billy's dyno is a little pessimistic, too. John says it's an eddy current dyno, whatever that is, LOL!

http://68.88.10.10/nsr/WRW_NSR50.jpg

http://68.88.10.10/nsr/WRW_NSR63.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2005