1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Performance Update!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 17, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well, I am close to having my bike broke in at the 500 mile mark, This did not take long considering that there has been a lot of rain since I got my bike back. All of the little vibes, noises, and other things that were happening that caused me not to trust my bike are gone.

As of now I have my ignition set at its #3 power curve. I think that I am going to switch this soon to the #2 which will bring in my advance faster to see if I get any pinging.

I am just amazed how well my bike runs in comparison to how it did when I first changed things. Completely different! Not once as I am driving my bike has it died on the road. I LOVE IT :D

Now all I need to do is get some measurements and get a custom brake pedal made so I can actually use the rear brake decently. I have a guy all line up for that.

At one point here recently, I was thinking about about moving my petcock towards the back of the tank, well, after taking a milage reading, which is 50 mpg, I have decided not to do this. Now I think I can focus on putting chrome on the bike, and I think that I am going to put a Springer front end on, but haven't made a decision yet.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sounds like your all dialed in & ready to roll
  3. JohnnyBiker

Yep, just wished I had this all worked out earlier in my season. the wife and I put on about 90 miles last night, and you know what, it was really cold. I guess any riding is good riding. :D
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

That wind chill will get you every time. I already broke out the long johns for the remainer of this seasns riding but the weather has ben pretty fair so far this month - by next month I'll probably be putting the bike in the shop for a tune up and some minor things I want to have done before next spring. Talked with my local dealer(not HD) and he told me this is a good time to bring the ride in cause a lot of guys wait until spring then rush in expecting fast service which ain't gonna happen at that time of the year.
    Decided to slam the bike front and rear 1 1/2" and go to stage 2 on the engine but haven't
    decided on which cam to go with yet. Also goin to put a new rear tire on and add some Bremo brakes while I'M at it.:)
  5. steveb

steveb Active Member

Glad to hear you up and running again. Still time to get a ride yet this year.
  6. JohnnyBiker

I would like that. The best time for me would be next Sat. a I can request some vacation tomorrow. Does that work for you Steve??
  7. steveb

steveb Active Member

Next Saturday is the Lynnda Laubach & Friends Breat Cancer Awareness Ride Sept. 25th out of Zystra. I am one of the volunteers for this ride. They are short road captains already so I need to be there. If you are free you come up for it .
  8. JohnnyBiker

What time is the ride??
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

web link??????
  10. steveb

steveb Active Member

Here is the link with all of the info.
    Sign-Up
  11. JohnnyBiker

I will talk to the wife and see what she thinks. I am sure that it will not be a problem. PM me your email address so I can respond to you there if that is OK?