1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Personal Milestones and Thanks

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by AFBombBldr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

Hey all,

I haven't been on here much lately due to my stupid busy work schedule and such. But I've been a member of this great forum for a few years and thought I would share my news.

I have been in the AF for over 21 years, served in the Philippines, Korea, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Italy, and loved most every minute of it. I was supposed to deploy to Operation Enduring Freedom this winter, but my wife had major back surgery last month (from which she is recovering well), so I stayed home. Guess I'll get on the next one.

So last Wednesday the 12th, I went to work like usual, only it was not a usual day. I found out, on the Internet no less, that I was selected for promotion to SMSgt (E-8)!! :D

It's finally sinking in, I have to grow up. Especially since today I turned the big 4-0. I guess that's a milestone too.

In my life I have been blessed with a wonderful family and career, and with living in and working for, a great and free country. This is all just too good to keep to myself.

I appreciate the support you all here have given the military, both with your service to our country, and your genuine concern for, and support of, all our troops. It's folks like you who help keep our country great. Please pass it on. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Ride Free

Joe <><
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

joe, a big congrats to your promotion!!!!!!!!!! and an even bigger thanks for what you do for us and your country......stay safe, have fun!!!!!!!!:)
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Congrats on SMSgt! :cheers: That promotion comes with a bit more pay and a lot more responsibility. Ya gotta being doing something right - keep up the fine work!
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Congratulations! :cool:
  5. lwedwards

lwedwards Active Member

Joe,
    Congratulations, I spent 23 years in the Air Force and had a wonderful time. I've been out for almost fourteen now, but still supporting the troops. I'm a manager for the B-1B Technical Publications deaprtment which does the updates for the B-1 TO's. Keep up the good work and you'll make Chief. What's your AFSC??
  6. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

Congrats, THANK YOU, and keep up the great work. ;)
  7. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Congratulations on the promotion!! Thank you for your service.
  8. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

You can run but why die tired

I'm a 461 (old designator), I mean a 2W0, Munitions Systems. IYA AMMO YAS!!!

Joe <><
  9. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

That's great news, congratulations, I'm sure you deserve it. Thanks for your service. Stay safe, ride safe.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Another congrets from Tx to ya Joe , & A Thank' You for your service to us all
  11. lwedwards

lwedwards Active Member

Joe,
    Still have my "PISSPOT" now I make my living showing the 462's (2W1's) how to load bombs. I guess the jokes on them. I was doing this for about three years and they even gave me a coin before they found out I was a 461. Keep up the good work.
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Joe, congratulations are in order. Glad your enjoying your time in the service.
  13. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Congrats on the promotion!:D
    MSG(Ret) Timothy R. Graves US Army 1981-1992 USAR 1992-2007:cheers:
  14. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

Congrats on your promotion, Joe, and thanks for your service to the country.
  15. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Congradulations. Only one Left now.
  16. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

congrats and thank you

st patricks day was my 32nd anniversary of getting out of the AIR FORCE I was in TAC my time in service in the366TH FIELD MAINTENANCE SQUADRON
  17. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Congrats and thank you!!
  18. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

congrats, keep up the good work. i was USAF worked aircrew egress systems. 49th Tac fighter wing.