1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Picture of the new Springer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 5, 2008.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't help it, here is a pic of the Springer when I picked it up. Its now all cleaned and the chome all polished. Check out those bars :eek:

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I like the look but i would have to get arm extenstions to reach the grips :D
  3. FLHTbiker

Cowboy the bars are so long that in a real tight slow maneuver they poke me in the ribs. They are Indian bars and I'm thinking some mini apes might be good.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i like it........fishtails are cool looking! i see the windshield is removable....that is nice. thanks for sharing it with us!!!:)
  5. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Very nice and I was going to say something about the bars being VERY wide as well but Cowboy beat me too it. Not to mention your comment about them poking you in the ribs. hahahaha Oh well. Yeah mini apes would probably look really good on it.

Nice Bike and thanks for sharing. Really like it! Oh I did I miss it or did you not mention the year?
  6. FLHTbiker

Its a 2001 and has 30,000 miles on it. First owner to very good care of it and I have all the records. Second owner only rode it 850 miles in 3 years and basically stored it in a barn for the last three years on Bainbridge Island that is by Seattle WA. Yesterday I took off the stock brake pedal and replaced it with the extended one, much better. I'm still going to replace the mufflers as the chrome on the Sampson pipes has peeled and has a lot of pitting. Rest of the bike is good.
    Thinking of relocating the turn signals changing the bars and then run the wires up the bars.
  7. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Sweet!! I just purchased a well used 2001 Heritage with 40k miles on it. Sure do enjoy riding her. I still have a few small things to do on her but so far so good.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I would have to change those bars :D The mini aps you mentioed sound like they would work real good on there & like you said remouting the T signels down a bit would stand out in look's