1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pinched nerve

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 3, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

My wife had been in Pain for 5 days with her shoulder. She couldn't sleep and was moving her arm and shoulder all the time.

She went to a new chiorpractor today. he took exarays of her back and neck, he tokd her that her problem was in her neck and he seen some spurs on a place in her back and told her that she must have acid reflex and or digestive problems. My wife never told him nothin. She couldn't believe that he could tell all that and never seen her before.
    She takes medicine for acid reflex and had digestive problems, She used to take nexium.

I know my dad was in a car wreck when I was young and got whip lash from a car that him him in the rear end and his back used to go out every so often and I used to have to pick him up and take him to a chiorpcactor.

The chiorpractor told my wife he needed to put her in a decompression machine that streched her back in certain places for the fluids go go back into.
    She said she was freaked out with the machine. She felt like she was taller .
    And he gave her an adjustment.
    The old lady come home with no pain in the shoulder and felt good. She coudn't believe how good she felt.
    The Chiorpractor told her her her neck was like it was cause she sit at a computer all day.

Funny I was just talkin to a lady sunday that was in a wreck and her medical doctor sent her to a chiorpractor and they also did a decompression on her.

Non-surgical decompression has chiropractor bending, seeing her patients into feeling better
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great to hear a happy ending! Good of you to share it, too.

:cheers:
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

My chiropracter has one of those, but I've never used it.

I'm glad she's feeling better.
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I had similar "spinal traction" after my 1988 back injury & it sure did help - local Osteopathic hospital had the equipment. It wasn't the cure & the effects only lasted for about 3 days so I had to go back several times, but my Chiropractor addressed the cause of the problem (ruptured disc, Sciatic nerve) & I haven't had the treatment in 20 years. Never had the surgery the MD's recommended either - thank God!
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I know some folks do not believe in a chiorpractor, they do not know how much good they can do for you if you need their help
    A good chiorpractor is kinda hard to find oh !
  6. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

I've been going to Chiropractors off and on for more than 30 years. I've found there are good ones and bad ones, like with every other profession out there. Many are more interested in marketing to build clientel and sell vitamins, etc, than they are with treating their patients. I've had both the really caring and the ones that only appear to care more about 'marketing'. I'm between good chiropractors right now (The good ones I've had either retire, or move, or I move), but will probably find another some day. I too had surgeons tell me I needed surgery on my lower back, or else I would only get worse. Manipulation has kept me out of the OR so far. I've also had an inversion table at home for nearly30 years and generally can take care of myself with regular use of it.