1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pipes (2to1 or 2to2)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Don, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Don

Don New Member

Looking for help in the pipe department. I have a FLSTF04 (Fatboy) with the following mods to the motor.
    SE HTCC HEADS/PISTON
    SE-260 CAM
    SE- AIR FILTER
    45MM Mikuni/Pilot jet #20
    Ignition Race T P/N 32124-04 HD

I have on my bike now are the Python 3 slip-ons. they have a great sound but are hurting me in the HP/TOR range. On the Dyno I am at 99 HP and 98TOR. HD is telling me that I need to go to a 2to 1 pipe to get the best out of my setup. The bike does perform better but one of the guys at HD has the same setup on his bike but is up to 117HP not sure about the TOR. He has the 2to1 pipes on his bike. Looking at it just does not fit on a fatboy. Does Python have a good 2to2 with a crossover to help with the HP/TOR. The reason I say Paython they have a good deep sound to them but again I am looking for the best for the money that I have put into thsi bike.

Thank you,
    Don
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well it depends on what you're looking for if you can post a copy of the dyno rune with the AFR line on the graph both TQ and HP it would help.

A 2:1 pipe usually helps performance over 2:2