1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pipes popping

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Warren Bundy, May 30, 2004.

1. Warren Bundy

Warren Bundy New Member

My pipes are making a "popping" sound. Is this causing damage to the bike? Should i be driving the bike or should i get it fixed right away.
    thanks. bunz
  2. tinsin

tinsin New Member

bunz .. did you do any mods to the bike, like re-jet the carb or a different high volume air filter ? It sounds like you might be running a little lean. Extended riding with a lean fuel mix can cause engine damage. If you can, run your bike a little richer and see what happens.
  3. roland

roland New Member

Popping

G Day

My Sporty started to popp a while ago, i saw then that the Gaskets on the Inlet Manuefold needed replacement.
    Easy to check, just spray a bit Carbicleaner or Water to the Manuefold, if the Engine react (refing up or drop the Idle) chanche the Gaskets, cost ca Aud 7.50

Roland