1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Places for non corn gas......

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Nov 3, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I think Amarillo is the closest one for me. however I can't quite make it home on one tank full from there.
    Thanks chucktx Iam looking in my state to see what's here.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good info thanks sargent looks the closet to me
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Chuck I've always wondered if their was a list like that. :) Looked at Oregon and recognize some of the stations.
  5. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

The reason I patronize our station is that their premium blend is clearly marked non-ethanol. The regular and silver blends do add corn.

I will admit that none of the vehicles I have ever owned showed signs of wear, failed leak-down tests, wore out rubber fittings or leaked around the valve covers or head gaskets. In short, I'm not sure if ethanol does anything, and that includes the horrors.

However, I've got a ton of coin in my big Harley. My attitude is clearly "better safe than sorry." I believe it's simply a warm-fuzzy point of view, and in the past I have run ethanol fuels and nothing happened.

In fact, I once grabbed the wrong pump handle and put over a gallon of regular into my Dyna before I stopped, and nothing happened either. I didn't even hear pre-ignition.
  6. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

damn , nothing near me. This ethanol is crazy. Leave it to our Ivy league politicians to make us spend more for less effective gas not to mention raising cost on food supply.
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've reliably heard that most places that get real cold don't/can't put ethanol in their tanks in the winter due to its water-attracting properties. So, though it may say "Ethanol" at the pump, but only because the tanks sometimes have it, but not always. Easier to leave the stickers up year round.

Another good reason to ride year round!