1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Plugs?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by CRUIZN, Oct 29, 2005.

1. CRUIZN

CRUIZN New Member

Want to get away from H-D plugs. Where do I find a heat range comparison and what brand recommendations do others have? Have an 02 Super Glide with 95", HTCC heads, 10.5 pistons and SE cams.
  2. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

different plugs

The NGKs & DENSO plugs have served me well on my other bikes.
    Here are some part#s:NGK=DCPR7E
    DENSO=IXU22(iridium)
    Although I still use the H-D platinums,I may try the DENSO's in my H-D.
    Goodluck & let us all know how it works out.
  3. CD

CD Guest

Champion:
    RN12YC is the base plug for late Shovels.
    RN12YC is the plug for all EVO'.
    RA8HC is the plug for ALL EVO XL and ALL TC88's.

The only special thing about an H-D plug is the printing....
    If you use the Champion numbers above you can go to Pep Boys, Checkers etc and have them cross it and save $$$. The numbers in previous post are correct crosses.
    I have used NGK, Chamion Platinum, Denso, etc and got good results..

While doing some work on the RK, Sam removed the plugs so we could bump the engine over. Afterwards I went to install the plugs and noticed they were about worn out..While looking at them I realized they were the stock H-D plugs from 2000! Somehow, during the last Dyno testing we put the old plugs back in! Another lesson to stop working when your brain is fuzzy and your eyes are crossed.:eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i havent checked the price of plugs at the auto stores, but i got a couple of plugs for my electra at the hog shop for less than 5 bucks...including tax....
    chuck
  5. luv2pic

luv2pic New Member

Ngk's

I Switched Over To Ngk And Have Been Pleased. Parts House Had The Cross Over Number. I Also Switched Over To Amsoil Oil And Its Good Stuff.