1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Point and Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 24, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Last night Hot Rider and I went for a ride. We stayed fairly close to home but we took roads that I have never been on, just to see where they lead. By just pointing the wheel and riding, Hot rider and I managed to put on about 118 miles.

Now I am just waiting for the GPS mount that I bought and then I am going to do the same thing to see if it gets me home again. I am not going to use it to get me to a specific place, just on the way home.:cool:
  2. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

thats the way I like to ride, just head off on roads I haven't been on. Don't have a gps.. in my area just head north or south depending where you start and eventually I hit I-10 and know where I am:D
  3. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Did the same thing in daytona for bike week . Man that time of year the orange blossoms are in bloom and the weather is cool out . The smell of the trees when they are starting to get filled with fruit is awesome . Florida towards the nw is awesometo ride in shoot to 60 and rideto vero that's a nice ride.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep, then again in Feb/March FL is great because you CAN ride LOL
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The best ride is always one where you just point the wheel and go. GPS is fine under certain conditions but nothing beats just going for a long ride and winding up someplace you didn't plan on going to. Or, as Johnny did take roads you've never road before and find out just where they go.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's the only way to ride
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

"Hmmm, wonder where that road goes?, let's go!"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep that's what I do no stinking gps for me
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We're headed to Sturgis next Thursday morning for the Bike Talk meet and greet that an't happening. Will look around on Friday then Saturday morning we're headed to Wyoming and Montana to ride Bear Tooth Pass and then head south toward home. Will be out about a week. No GPS needed, besides I have a droid if I need it.
  10. FLHTbiker

That's cool I would like to do Sturgis again, been awhile. Not into the loud parties at some of the camp grounds though.
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

That's why we're going early and not staying long. It's only 450 miles from here, thinking this will be our last time to go, it's changed so much that a lot of the fun has gone out of it, or maybe I'm just getting OLD. Will put on a couple of thousand miles and be happy with that, buying a new seat tomorrow of an Ultra will see how it feels, should be better for the Ole anyway.
  12. FLHTbiker

Which seat brand are you buying?
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

It's an HD seat, I believe the guy said it's off a 2011. If it doesn't sit or fit correctly i'm not obligated to buy it. The stock seat on a Streetglide just isn't working for my wife, even with a gell pad. Again if it isn't what we're looking for I'll just wait until we get to Sturgis next week and look there.
  14. FLHTbiker

If you look at Sturgis, check out the Mustang seats they are very comfortable.
  15. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

bought the seat, $150.00, he said it is a reach seat by HD. I tried it before I bought, it sits good and is comfortable, mainly got it for the Ole to be more comfortable until we get her bike finished.
    put it on right there and sat on it for 70 miles, it's as good if not better than my stock seat.
  16. FLHTbiker

That's great and can't beat the price.:)