1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

port and polish question/103ci

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Oct 26, 2004.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Okay I am gonna go further down the "slippery slope" of HD "enhancements".
    Iam 94.7% sureI am gonna take my 02wideglide(carb/stage one)) and remove the heads for port and polishing( family owns a machine shop so labor will be free by me)
    However I think I have asked some of this before..
    Remember I am not Hd performance minded(those word really do not go together for me....no offense.... "better the flow the better easier the go") engine will have to work on trips.
    1. Are there any little hiccups to watch out for when removing the tank etc?
    2. How good are the head bolts to reuse on a HD?
    3. Do ya sell a gasket kit(CD) etc?
    4. The engine will go 103 and heard/see it work well but with stock cams...etc?(just in case I get caught up in the moment...really doubtful)
    5. Like I said not worried about Dynos and all but simple torque and air flow "enhancements.
    6. I noticed the Alren ness rubber tubes are larger than HD super sucker kit hoses..I thought about fabricating a set of larger spacer vents that come off the heads and use even bigger hoses...anyone done this to let it breathe out more? gotta watch out for vaccum issues(exhaust/intake?)
    8 Did I miss anything?
    thanks for any info :cool: