1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Power Commander button adjustment

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

My fiancee has a 2003 Road King Firefighter Special with Hooker slip ons (Right set to HP / Left set to TQ), Screamin Eagle air filter, Stock ECM. I used map M807-019. The right muffler appears to be running too rich. There is a lot of carbon around the rim of the muffler and when he is first accelerating (leaving the driveway first thing), there is a puff of smoke from the right muffler.

We tried to adjust the buttons but can't seem to get it into adjustment mode. A new 9 volt batter has been hooked up. The kill switch is on, he turns the ignition on and holds the three buttons down simultaneously. The instructions don't state how long he should do this, but it doesn't seem to matter. Nothing seems to get the PC into button adjustment mode.

I've found that the instructions we have from PC aren't that great, and I don't see any update on the website. Is there anything else that needs to be done?
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Come on

I know there are plenty of people out there with Power Commanders. Surely someone has adjusted the buttons???
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

In case anyone was wondering

Power Commander tech support got back to me. They say to hold the three buttons down, and while you are doing that, plug the battery in.

It worked! It would be nice if their instructions were better written.