1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pre Job Testing/Urine Test

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 12, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Somebody else sent this to me, do you agree or disagree.

Do You think This guy has a point!!!

This was written by a construction worker ... he sure makes a lot of sense
    to me! Read on...

I work, they pay
    me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my
    taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I
    work on a rig site for a construction project. I am
    required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no
    problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution
    of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine
    test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to
    get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it
    for them? Please understand - I have no problem with
    helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other
    hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their a**
    drinking beer and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much
    money would be save if people had to pass a urine test to
    get a public assistance check? Please pass this along if
    you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you
    will pass it along though, because something has to change
    in this country, and soon!
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

preachin to the choir!!!!!!!!!:D :D
  3. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Been singing that shiite since I joined the Army in 1981. My folks and my Siblings have never been on the draw, out of work or otherwise. I get so F@#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!! mad I can't see straight.:gah: Congress aint gonna do crap about it either. So after all that I agree completely:D
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I think It should be for any kind of free-bees. Then when they don't pass they should force them to get a evaluation done, that they pay at there own expence, kinda like they do on the dui's. then If they are on some assistance and not disabled they should have to do comunity service to earn there keep, if after ample time they don't get there own job. Just like income tax shouldn't reward people for having kids, and pentalize those who don't. that thing they call free will to make your own choices. should all be equal pay in on your earnings, dependents shouldn't have anything to do with it. If they changed that then you would cut down on the welfare babbies, have more kids make more money.
  5. cardboard

Global Warmin and the price is a scam, what has yer buddies in the white house done about that ?:cussing:
  6. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Maybe I shoulda said Congress and the White House won't do anything to fix it. Clinton didn't and Bush hasn't either.If ya look close enough , Al Gore gets the profits from dumbasses buying carbon credits. Those of us that ride oil drippin shovelheads and the like would have to pay a fortune just to ride. Until we the people take our country back, things are gonna stay the way they are. Besides, I don't see Ronald Reagan comin' back from the dead. To the urine testing of welfare recipients, my wife's uncle once said he would never vote republican cause "republicans would take our checks away.";) :rolleyes: The military takes a random drug screen at least once a month.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  7. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

ya, thats the red-neck answer to our problems in this country, urine tests. :puke:
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Only thing is they'd charge us (working folks) for the tests the non working people would have to take.

I don't think it's redneck's only that are tired of the grab and give attitude of the congress, a low 20% approval rating means every one is tired of the washington bs and tired of the way our representitives haven't been representing properly.

While there are a lot of people that need the assistance there is a lot of fraud and people that don't need to be on the welfare system.

Those that need it are hurt by those that abuse.
  9. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

What is your solution then. I personally see no problem with smokin' weed or whatever one might fancy. But I do have a problem if my and other working stiffs tax dollars are paying for the stash.
  10. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

works like everything else, alot that abuse the system just makes it worse for the one's in real need, can't say I've never been in dire straits, and never had a little assistance, but it was hard as heck to get and didn't last long. What really chaps my hide is these very able looking people standing on the corner begging for a hand out, sorry I've been in some hard spots and there are plenty of pay by the day labor places that any idiot can work at. must take alot of stamina and will power to stand there all day. I see the same young guy on the corner every day while I ride my bike by with a sign. that reads, lay'd off and have three kids, anything helps, what a joke, if it was me I sure wouldn't be wasting my time on the cornner with a sign, but maybe that's why he got lay'd off, being lazy and don't want to work.
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

They interviewed a panhandler in San Fran several years ago, dude was raking in $50 or $70K a year, tax free, had a nice apartment, nice clothes, ate out , car etc,

But he'd dress up in panhandler clothes and hang around the tourist areas.

Some folks need help no doubt but I see nothing wrong with making sure someone on welfare is staying straight, why not, because if they are on some crack or whatever we need to be sure the money for helping the kids gets to the kids, and not to the crack dealer.
  12. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i wish i had the answer to this mess, probley more than one right answer and alot of wrong ones of which i'm sure urine testing is a wrong one. this problem has been let go for so long i doubt it'll ever be fixed. it's so bad not only do we continue to let it go in this country unchecked we even send it overseas to people who will never do anything whats so ever for the USA. at least the lazy ones in this country pay taxes when they buy anything, we see a little return from them, or maybe they'll end raising a kid who'll end serving this country. but we'll never see a dime come back from overseas, we just kiss those tax dollars good bye:devil:
  13. cardboard

The answer is if you are Hungry go work, the big 4 letter word. You can't work sittin on the front pourch playin domino's either.:fight:
  14. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

do you mean after the urine test. is it alright to play domino's while they wait for the results? besides why go to work, they have food stamps, they don't get hungry
  15. cardboard

Got a Book I can sell you. How to Cheat at Domino's....:rant: