1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Progressive fork springs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, May 9, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm looking at progressive fork springs. Has anyone used this product? I don't want to lower the bike anymore than it is. I'm looking for a better ride and better cornering. Any info would help.
  2. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Try adding an once more of fork oil first.I added 1 once more to my '07 FLHTI during the replacement of my fork lowers & it seems to be slightly firmer but still has plenty of compression needed to function correctly.
    Progressive Suspension products are great(imo) but;may not make the change your looking for.I've heard of some installing "gold-valves" from Racetech which modify the dampening & such.I like the inexpensive adjustments first.(don't get me wrong...I've spent a **** load of $$$ on my FLHTI w/no regrets:D )
    00 wildglide.
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

After the first 6 months I changed out my shock fluid using Shock Therapy Medium (STM #10). World of difference, especially here in SCal with the deep freeway rain grooves and potted city streets. Just like 00 wideglide mentioned I too added slightly more than an ounce extra of fluid and this too seemed to help. I believe the original factory fluid is slightly lighter (perhaps #5 viscosity) which rebounds fast in very cold weather but too spongy when warm.