1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

pullback risers for stock Fboy bars

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by kamakazi, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

I have a 06' Fboy and love it, but feel the stock handle bars are too far foward and down for my comfort. Does anybody here know what type of pullback risers would work with my stock Fboy bars that would keep all stock cables, wires, and would have no clearance issues on turning radius? Thanks in advance.
    Kam
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the first thing to check is how far back and up you need to go...then check if there is enough slack to accomodate your needs. i am going to venture a guess that there will not be enough slack to meet your needs. installing new cables and wiring is a small chore, but can be done if you are willing to take your time to do it right.......could be a fun project!!!! :)
    chuck
  3. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

Thanks Chuck, I've seen somewhere on another site that a 4.5" pullback riser worked with the stock Fboy bars? Sounds like I'll be measuring this coming weekend though... Like the bars, if I can get it back somewhat, if not, I'll go with Wild one bars instead... Will let you guys/gals know if I can come up with the appropriate risers???
  4. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

OK, I want to go about two inches back and 2-4 inches up... What riser would work that could come closest to this without having to replace the stock cables/wires?
  5. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Closer Handle-bars

KAMAKAZI,
    Have you tried sitting on a SOFTAIL "STANDARD",they use a bar very similar to yours with the addition of 4" "pull-back" risers.It might save you time & $$ to try it out first(just a thought).(IMO)Personally,I like the "CHUBBY" WILD1,INC. bars-they fit well & have good quality chrome.RIDE-ON!, 00-WILDGLIDE. ;)
  6. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

According to my sources, there is enough slack in the cables to place 4" pullbacks on and still utilize the stock hardware.
  7. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

I just got back from the HD dealer; the parts guy tells me that the 4.5" pullback risers WON'T work due to the height and the brake line won't stretch far enough??? When you guys changed your bars to "wild-ones", was there one that you were able to utilize the stock risers, cables, wires, brake lines? I just got this thing and soooo far I've dumped another $1500 already into it! I should buy stocks in HD the way I'm going...
    Oh yea, he also said that my stock turn signals would hit the tank/console... Please advise, I'm running out of Mullaaaa!!! :confused:
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im curious, did he give you any insight to what would work????
    ya might try an indy shop, they may be able to help you....
    chuck
  9. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

He said basically to either get new bars with the same end rise as stock or replace the cables/brake lines/ extend wires... I really don't think (in my mind) he knew what the f^&k he was talking about! I've read on many sites that Fboy stock bars will work with the 4.5" risers but would have to modify the brake line by straightening the tube out a bit... For all this type of trouble, I think it would be best just to get new bars, but for now, I'm sticking with the stock set-up.
  10. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Handlebars

KAMAKAZI,
    If it's just a brake line & some turn-signal relocating...sounds fairly easy,Maybe
    try an "AFTERMARKET" shop in your area to help you out.Sometimes the dealer parts people try to give too much lateral support to their service department resulting in scaring off their over the counter customers.Hope all works out!
  11. VYBR8R

VYBR8R New Member

Fatboy Risers

The brake line off a Heritage will fit your purposes and if talk to the service manager you might be able to score a new take off part from one of the bikes they put braided lines on. The worst thing that can happen is they tell you no. You can usually get the new take offs for less than half price. At least at my dealership you can.
  12. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

00, I think our right, I also talked with Wild-One reps and they say the same thing with the risers and some of their after market bars. Man, after all the money I spent on them and they try to talk me out of doing it... What a disappointment...except the bike of course :D