1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Put the Springer on the Dyno today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 16, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

A HD dealer Paradise HD in Tigard OR was having a Dyno day today. $25.00 for 3 runs on their Dyno run by their Dyno tech.
    I took the Springer down to see what she was putting out. Have never put the bike on a Dyno before.

95 kit-flat top pistons-211 Cam-CV performance carb upgrade-V-ductor from CV Performance-SE hi flow cleaner.

HP-83
    Torque 95.07

Not to bad for an old 88 converted to 95.

The bike would not hit the rev limited. They said they got it up to 6,000 RPM and it kind of hung there but did not hit the rev limiter.

Is their Dyno accurate..who knows how close it is.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

At what RPM did you hit those numbers? I think that is fairly respectable. There is a lot of miles of that bike too isn't there?
  3. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

I have a 2004 Dyna. It also has the 95-inch kit, but a 203 cam, Screaming Beagle pipes, the oil pump upgrade, lifters, pushrods, the super-tuner, yada.

My dyno test pegged 100/100 at 5,500RPM. I had this test done at Capital City Harley, in Madison, Wisconsin.

More to the point, the power is smooth, no bogging, no flat spots and clean response pulling away from a stoplight.

I think your figures are very accurate. Sorry about that "hung there" comment. I hope you're happy with your upgrades and numbers.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I did the oil pump upgrade, no lifter or pushrod upgrade.
    The power is very smooth and the toque is there early at 3,000 RPM
    HP showed it hit its full potential at 5200 RPM.

I've had other bikes (88 built) and the power feels stronger on this bike over the others. So not sure about their Dyno run, would like to do it someplace else someday.