1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Puttin the Swingarm back on

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by drillsarge, Mar 17, 2008.

1. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

I will post more info about what I'm doin in the new projects post but for now a question. The manual says to put a spring weight on the Swingarm when I mount it back to the frame. Is this necessary as I didn,t change shock length or completely remove the shocks. Seems to me that when I remount the swingarm everything should line up as before it was removed. As always Any advice is appreciated. Got some before pics and will try to post on the projects forum 2moro or the next day.:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sarge, i have never used a springweight. i am not sure what they mean by a spring weight. i feel that the way you have done this you should be just fine. have fun with it!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sarge, we did'nt use a spring when we change the drive belt on my son's custom , & you have to take the swing arm off to do it , we just bolted it all back together & tighten up bu book specs'
  4. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Thanks fellas, Kinda what I figured but just like measuring twice and cuttin' once, its better to get advice and sort it out than to f*** it up:D