1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Question About Rev-Tech Engines

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by flhtcu rob, Dec 28, 2005.

1. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

I have to get a new motor for my '93 Ultra Classic (long story, and an ugly one :mad: ). I'm considering the 88" Rev Tech as my replacement. I don't think the 100" will fit well being rubber mounted, and I don't think I can swing the $$$ for it anyway. My question is, has anyone here had any good/bad experiences with the 88" R-T? Thanks!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good motors also check out the Midwest El Bruto Line some very good motors with lots of power and solid parts, buddy has a 113 in his 98 RK so a 100 will bolt right into your frame, just in case you needed some extra help convincing you to go large.

The other option you have if the motors in need of a rebuild is HD's factory rebuild program, you take the bike to a dealer they remove and ship the old motor to HD and HD redoes the whole motor, stock, heads, pistons bearings, powdercoat you get your motor back brand new with your VIN which is a plus.

With a revtech or Elbruto or S&S you'll have to carry the MSO with the title if you're pulled over by LE and get one that's pretty dang nosey

For the money the ElBrutos rock.
  3. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Hrk about said it all, one other thing to think about is the warranty, Rev-tech has a good one, two years I do believe. I don’t know about the other ones, but it wouldn’t take much to find out though, just go to their web site or give them a call to investigate the warranty options.
    Good luck.
  4. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

Thanks for the input, guys! :D I'll let Y'all know what my final decision is.