1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

question boys

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, May 18, 2018.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

morning guys !got the 1340 cv performance kit this morning .all is good there . the question that I have is the cv performance needle that came in the kit . is it the same across the board for the big twin 1340 and 1450 it seems to look the same as far as taper goes? not that is a problem because the jetting is not ofcourse .just for my own info . thanks in advance
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Paul, the needle for both big twins (1340 and 1450) share the same profile. The needles change when it comes to the 2004+ Sportster 1200 models since those used the XB style heads. Of course we still make the N65 needle based on the original 1988 XL needle for those shops and tuners who still like that one, but it often requires the use of shims to get it just right.
  3. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Thanks ken I appreciate the info got like half dozen of your needles now I know I can use them on the big twins across the board!