1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by chucktx, Mar 12, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

anybody running chevy lifters????
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

no I have mopar lifters, makes it sound like a hemi

You gotta hemi in der boy?

I have heard you can run the chevy lifters

HD tc lifters work good so why mess with it...
  3. chucktx

i think i have one leaking down....50k on it. heard that their both built by the same folks, but the gm's were cheaper. thought i would check with the masses..........
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I'm told the late model H-D's use a lifter that fits a Chevy too, but why not go with lifters designed for a H-D? I happen to like Jim's, but Crane makes a good set for less $$$ which are superior to stock. H-D lifters have been a known problem since 2000 - go aftermarket & be done with it.
  5. chucktx

thanks art, that is what i was planning on doing......was just out "trollin" to see what others were doing. i figured most are either using stock or after market.....