1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Quote For The Day

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Feb 17, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Gotta admire the man for being honest.

Florida 's got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd !!!

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

Some 'dirtbag' in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state wide manhunt ensued.

The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers open fired and hit the guy 68 times.
    Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the media went nuts and asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel:Because that's all the ammunition we had !!' (Talk about an all-time classic answer !!!)
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sounds like the Sherriff had the right call on that problem - maybe -if a few more law dogs followed his example we would see less violent crime on the streets.
    I recall reading about a sherriff in the SW that dressed his prisoners in pink jump suits and put them in tents without AC for a chain gang - the ACLU and a few other bleeding hearts had a fit about it- all the sherriff said was THEY DONE THE CRIME NOW DO THE TIME CAUSE THIS AIN"T NO BOY SCOUT CAMP! or some such as that.
    I worked with the DOC in my state handling a road crew for my department and must of these guys were always bitchin about what program they were "forced" to watch on their big screen TV each night.
    Hell I couldn't even afford to buy a Big screen on my salary- but the state used my tax dollars to buy one for these offenders.
    Weve got the laws in place to punish offenders but the lawyers and the bleedin hearts are putting one hell of a crimp on using them.
    Maybe we are puttin the wrong people in the slammer.
    At the price of bullets today (around 6 cents a round) I fiquired that sherriff probably saved the state of Florida a pile of money. If they had taken that guy into custody and put him through the court system it would have cost thousands of dollars to convict him and some damm sharp laywer would have had him out in 10 or 15 years to do it again.
    If ya don't respect the law - why should the law respect you.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep sounds like they did him right
    The sheriff out in AZ still has the tents & pink draws for all his men :cool:
  4. steveb

steveb Active Member

A buddy of mine spent some time at that tent city in Arizona . It had enough impact on him that that was the last time he got in trouble .he di not like it one bit , but he does admit it straightened him out because he did not like it there no color TV , no fitness center , no library and no rights .I am surprised the liberals in this country haven't shut him down.
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

If we had more cops with gonards like these two Sheriffs- maybe the crime rate would drop and our tax dollars wouldn't be wasted on babying these guys that have no respect for anything or anybody.
    And they wonder why more joe citizens are buying guns and getting permits to carry. Even a congressman should be able to fiqure that one out.