1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Radio Repair

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ok I know this is a bike fourm , I'am trying to find out if anyone know or repairs car/truck radios anymore the one in my 01 Dodge went out & want it fixed it the cd/cassett ebay & junk yard are about even with a dealer :eek:
  2. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Called a guy who use to sell radios to all the wholesale car dealers in our area.....no luck, out of business....sorry I couldn`t help.....If you know any wholesale dealers....they buy lot cheaper than the junkyards.....good luck
  3. cowboy

Thank's Mayor, been looking about 6 mo's now , I just south of Houston TX 4th largest city & no luck
  4. Mayor

Mayor New Member

I`ll check with my Son tonight....He runs my old business....(450 wholesale car dealers) someone still sells radios to them. We did a little graphics, signs, acessories for vehicles, and about anything for used car dealers. Between Sand Mountain and Cleveland Tn. about half the used cars in the US comes through......Maybe if he has time to hunt one he will be able to find some lead for you.
  5. cowboy

Thank's for all the help the truck is a 2001 Dodge 2500
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Read this post yesterday and was telling my neighbor about - He came up with an idea that might help. Told me to tell ya to check and see if they a electronics repair shop in the area; like for ham radios or marine radios and maybe the tech there could help out. Just a thought. Hope ya get it fixed if your voice is anything like mine you'll get tired kind of quick singing to yourself.
  7. cowboy

sarge thanks i check into it , & i tried to sing to myself once & my darn ears tried to slap me mouth shut :eek: i have a fctory radio with a cassette in there now just want the cassette/cd radio
  8. Mayor

Mayor New Member

:roflmao: :roflmao:
  9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I have the original stereo out of my 2005 Dodge Ram, I wonder if it has the same harness to fit in your truck? It is only AM/FM/CD (no cassette). If you are interested PM me and I'll dig it out. It worked fine before I replaced it with an Alpine I was given last year.
  10. cowboy

Thank's kenfused but there different