1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rain Gear

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 5, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I was watching the nat wheather this morning & look's like Ole chucktx will need some rain gear for ride home wet from Ill down to Tx , I was reading last night on the flat track in springfield Ill & look's like a good time was had by all there :cool:
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

all rain gear is ugly, some just worse than others, but when it is rainning who cares:)
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

depends on what time of year but my rain gear is my shirt & jeans warm months & leather in the cold months :D
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

same here cowboy, except it's leather year round. it don't rain in Colorado between October and late April.....
    it snows....
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather have the rain than snow at least we get several days in the winter with no rain and the temps are in the 40-50 range. We've had some 60's even in Feb a few times. I carry Harley rain gear in the winter month but don't seem to use it a lot here. Its when I'm traveling in the riding season that I have to break it out for those mountain storms that come along.
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

ONe OF THE BIGGEST problems with rain gear it packin it.'
    The rain gear I showed packs very very small, it is super breathable and keeps you cool and dry.
    I am interested in being dry , and the rain gear not takin up a lot of room.
    I could care less what it looks like.
    If its UGLY mabe one of those Dorks driving the cage might see me better and not run over me or the OL in the rain.:rant:
    I got a reason I live in Texas. It hardly never snows her.
    I hate snow...............:cussing:
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Yah - but you sure do have the rain this week to make up for it. If it don't let up pretty soon yer gonna have to fiquire out how to mount floats on yer ride so you get it out and use it.:roflmao:
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cardboard is going to need a snorkel for his ride and forget the rain suite he needs a wet suite. :D:roflmao: