1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Reality Setting In??

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Oct 26, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man I would go for flht's road king
    But that's me
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

this would be way more comfy........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or do like i did when we got snow.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. JohnnyBiker

It is real hard for me to get past the fact that it was laid down. I do like the bike though..
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

So if Whiplash went down,you wouldn't ride it anymore??
    If the frame wasn't tweeked I can' see a problem with a bike that has been dropped...they're not made of glass,they're a little tougher than you think...if it tracks straight,alignment is good,nothing bent outta shape,what would be the problem??:confused:
  7. JohnnyBiker

I just don't like to buy stuff that has a real big red flag on it like that.. I turned down three bikes before I bought WhipLash that were laid down. Why would I change the pattern now??
  8. Lucifer

So, you'd get rid of whiplash if it went down...Hell, if I wouldn't ride a bike that has been down,I'd have nothing to ride...
    Now if the bike was totaled and rebuild,I'd be a little hesitant(depending on if I knew who rebuilt it)
    Frame damage would be my biggest concern,the rest is just cosmetic and easily replaced or fixed...
  9. FLHTbiker

It was not laid down hard, mostly scratches. The top lid on a saddle bag the paint did not come out perfect but the rest is fine. He missed a corner and went into the pucker brush and he went over the bars. Crash bar was bent and was replaced. The only thing I would do to it is remove the aftermarket top trunk he put on it, man that thing is ugly to me. But it has no scratches in it. I would also change out the bars as I feel like I'm leaning forward all the time. Some pull back bars or Apes would be nice.
  10. Lucifer

Big difference in being laid down and in a crash....
    A little cosmetic damage is nothing,IMO just helps the buyer get a better price...
    That trunk is Fugly:roflmao:a King tour Pak would look real nice on it....:D
  11. cowboy

Lucifer is right A easy lay down is nothing , no red flag here Flht had ridden it , if I had the money I would jump on it
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good thing he doesnt' feel the same way about wimmen....:roflmao::roflmao:
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i was thinkin the same thing!!!!!
  14. Lucifer

:roflmao:If she hasn't....she's gonna....or she'll never get ridden...;):roflmao:
  15. JohnnyBiker

Lets see how I feel about this come spring time....:banghead: Still, I need something to ride other than the OL during the winter...:D
  16. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Now thats good! :roflmao:
  17. cowboy

man if you wate till spring it will be gone the bike not the OL get it now & ride them both :roflmao:
  18. FLHTbiker

Now that's a great idea :D
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed, good idea! I hope I don't offend anybody but I think ALL trunks are, well, a bit ungainly looking. But you can't deny they are great for carrying all the extras that make life easier on the road. I have often wondered how I wandered onto the bike talk forum, being basically a chopper guy and all you guys are baggers. For the exception of TommyC, all of you have been gracious and very helpful toward me. Not that Tommy wasn't helpful, he was. And nearly everyone here is in my age group - we know how to kid around without insulting somebody. The younger guys usually aren't seasoned enough to have developed some finesse in this area. Johnny is an exception, though! Ha-ha!

Now what does all of this have to do with "reality sets in"? Nothing, I guess. But I'd rather have a motorcycle than a snowmobile anyday - except maybe for that V-8 job!
  20. JohnnyBiker

I appreciate the candor with this statement, but I am not ready to buy a bike at the moment. I made a decision why back in August that I was going to wait to buy another bike until spring. This time period hasn't changed at all. Now, I may be willing to discuss different options as to where the bike is held for me until that point, but if that isn't possible, then oh well, if it is there it is there, if it isn't, it isn't.

Snowmobiles are really fun. You can go in a lot of different places with a lot of people. You are out in the open just as you are on a scooter, the wind in your face so to speak. Yes it is cold out, but I guess that is why you dress for it. By the way, I spoke to the wife extensively yesterday about this whole subject and she had suggested that I do both. This may be the way I go....
    :D