1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rear docking kit for streetglide

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by viking, Jun 20, 2011.

1. viking

viking New Member

I just bought a used tour pack and I want to install it on my 08 streetglide.The tour pack is like new really nice shape and has the quick release hardware on the bottom.My bike already has a detachable back rest so I thought it was as sipmle as to take one off and put the other on.When will I learn nothing is that easy?I had to go and buy a second docking kit for the tour pack$76.00 cnd.I sat in the garage trying to figure out the instructions but did not have the head for that today so I went in the house and had a beer.I did figure out that I now need an antena relocating kit for $129.00 to do the job.So I am thinking about putting an antena in the fairing instead for $59.00.I was just wondering if they work alright or should I go with the relocating kit?
    Viking
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I would read up on the hidden antena kit , try J&M cycles sounds , there about the best in the bike sound area
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have installed a few in-fairing antennas.........they work pretty good. get one with an amplifier.