1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rear FXR Wheel on a Softail

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, May 11, 2008.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I'm putting a FXR rear wheel on my FLSTC. Is the FXR pulley 70Tooth??I'm thinking that I can mount a tire on it and change spacers with the wheel on the bike now. Its got the pulley and rotor on it .Will it work??
    TIA :devil:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am certian that by adjusting the spacers that the change will work, as for the number of teeth......i would have to count them....let us know how it works!!!.....:)
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Before You Count You Might Be Able To Take That Soft Sewing Kit Tape And Measure Around, Could Work, I Would Imagin If It Has More Or Less Grooves That The Pully Will Have A Differn't Od.
  4. strickt9Rob

strickt9Rob Active Member

Should work make sure the sprockett and the belt match same width they varied thru the years 1 1/2"'s 1 1/4"'s ect, make sure the wheel is centered and lined useing your exsisting spacer's should center it. But check it. if going from 65 tooth to 70 tooth you sould have enough belt? you might want to check that issue out.........Have fun, good luck! ...strickt9Rob.
    Last edited: May 17, 2008