1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rear tire inflation pressure question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jturuk, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Recommended rear tire inflation pressure for my bike is 28 psi for a single rider and I think 32 psi with a passenger. My question is should you keep changing tire pressures depending on if you do or do not carry passengers or could you just leave it at 32 psi and be done with it. The only thing I could see being a problem with leaving it at 32 psi all the time would be possibly uneven tire wear across the tire (more wear in the center portion of the tread)?

John
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i leave mine at the highest pressure as the tire will leak air over time, that is why we check them every week......right????:roflmao:
    anyway, tire wear should not be a problem......
  3. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

I keep the tire pressures at the "with Passenger" recommendation. Who knows, you might be out enjoying a ride and "get lucky".:devil:
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I tend to run just over recommended.....37 in the book, 40 on the guage. that is just me tho.
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I always run the max pressure stated on the tire and I check it often. Although it's definitely not because I think I might get lucky and have a passenger. :rolleyes:
  6. dukeofdirt

dukeofdirt New Member

Tire pressure

For what it's worth, spent some time with the Bridgestone guys at Sturgis.
    They recommended 40-42 front AND rear for the Elite III, which is what I'm
    on.