1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rear tire time again

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jun 1, 2005.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

02 wide glide... always looking for...
    Any thing new out there?
    Anything new out there to stay away from?
    ..forget the Mezzs that you gotta replace after 2,00 miles..( I'd be changing every month from May until October).... having a tire with HD on it is far from a necessity for me as well. :cool:
  2. CD

CD Guest

What Metzler did you get ony 2k from? I get 8-10k from 880's.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I get 8 to 10 out of my Avon,

Were you doing burnouts at every light, under or over inflated?
  4. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

found out

this fella is running a sticky series tire and has replaced it twice after both were only a couple Ks old... can't remember the type right now I'll catch up with'em this weekend...if you all are getting that kind of Miles ..changes are something is not right on his bike..... or a different series/compound?
    I got 8500 on the one on the bike right now.... so I'll be looking at yer online store here in a minute.
    One problem out here in around columbus if you don't buy it from them they don't mount it. I knew a fella that bought his HD from his father-in-law..right before the father in law sold it he a rear tire put on....when the fella picked it up 2days later he noticed it had the rotation arrow in the wrong direction. when he took it back with the receit in hand the shop would not touch it!! no re-mounts!! My other buddy bought a new tire and rim at a trade show.....no one would put it on the rim!!!! had to actually go out of Columbus to get it done!!! :rolleyes: Anyone know any where near? I mean the "big name shops were all asked... thaks for the input on the tires....Avon or Mets... any major distinction in the two such as price...any factory warranty? etc? just always looking even though it is a tire I have noticed slight differences in looks and feel but hey as long as it gets good use I am there!!!!
  5. Seahag

Seahag New Member

As far as something new...dunlop has just come out with the new Elite touring III...which looks promising.
  6. harvenator

harvenator New Member

So far I've not seen the right tire sizes for those who run 16's and the fatter rear tire (150/16). I've been looking at Pirelli's but can't find a spec sheet with tire width.
  7. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

any certain(HRK>>>

series of AVONS?
    Or Metz (CD)
    thanks SEA as well I'll check'em out too..
    and others
  8. DesertRat

DesertRat New Member

I put a set of Metzler ME880 's on my Fatboy and couldn't be happier. The problems I had with the Dunlops "tracking" in grooves and cracks is completely gone. I only got about 200 miles on them before getting rear ended so I have to start over with a new rear tire as soon as I get the bike back. Man, I sure am missing riding.
  9. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Avon Venoms. I've got a Dyna, and putting them on was like turning night to day. Completely made the bike handle like a dream!
  10. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Tired

I'm an Avon man, have been real happy with Avon. I average 9-10K out of them and thats with a nasty burn-out now and then. I have never tryed an Metzler, because I have been so pleased with Avon's. I guess I should give the Metzler a try one of these days.
  11. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Avon calling...

I've gone the "Metz" route as well the Dunlop. My opinion is stick with the Avons. So much more road friendly and durable. :cool: