1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

rear wheel removal

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by samvan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. samvan

samvan Active Member

I have a 2011 street glide. Are there any videos out there on rear wheel removal and replacement ?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

3. samvan

samvan Active Member

That was a worthwhile video. learned some do's and some dont's. I have a little left to right slop with the right side cam plate. I noticed some indication of metal to metal hammering on the lip of the right side cam plate, I imagine to tweek belt tension and alignment. Could the left to right slop cause the cam plate to move as much as the slop even with the nut torqued to specs? I was getting high speed sway with the rear with a 180/55/17. Just reinstalled the oem 180/65/16 to see if the sway problem is corrected, once the rain stops. But was told the 180/ 55/17 should have been no problem.
  4. hotroadking

When you tighten both cams should move evenly (I presume you mean the alignment cams) if the rear was cocked to one side or loose you'd get wobble.
  5. samvan

samvan Active Member

I believe my problem was with the 200/55/17 & the 180/55/17 wheel and tires. installed the OEM 180/65/16 wheel & tire and the high speed sway problem was not present at speeds of 85 & up as was with 17"wheel and tires.
  6. hotroadking

anythings possible, but consider that putting on new tires
    means doing a proper alignment at the same time....

no matter what the reason as long as you're happy and safe it's
    all good