1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rear wheel

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ironhorse, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I might make some of you wonder once in a while, but I am ethier dishing it or taking it, anyway I like to have my ducks in a row when i decide to take on the powers that be, so I had the rear skin changed and first( before i took off) Ichecked the arrow, then I checked the size , then i took off, when i got home, and being the azz that I am I got out the straight edge and checked out the work and I am coming up with a dog track of about 2 inches to the left, (and yes thats dog track to the left not leanning to the left:roflmao: :roflmao: ) also the belt deflection is about 1 inch so before i call and rip some azz, I have already looked at the service manual chuck, I had to knock the dust off first, but it said 3/16 to a 1/4 wheel hangin but I did not find the allowable dog track section. :roflmao: and before I got done with this the dealer called and wants me to bring it back down for an inspection:roflmao: i must have been thinking to loud..
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now it sound's like a decent dealer to call after the fact to make sure it's all lined up , at least they call to make sure thats a good sign , , My son has given me a hard time for years , over the fact that i take my wheel's off & drive the truck to get them changed , oh ya if you keep the book in a draw it don't as dusty :roflmao:
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I didn't notice it but i raan it back in and the tech found the cam backwards on the right side and when he tq'd it cocked to the side, as he said "I guess this is what was bugging me " so cool, he gave me a new rear axle alignment gauge (my method must have been crude) and some shiner stuff, and off i went, it felt better I could have done it myself but he called to soon and i figured let him fix his oops I know i would prefer to fix my own screwups. as well. anyway all ready for the season comeon sunshine:D
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

it sounds like ya found a good dealer.....but i am glad the misalignment didnt get you into any trouble!!!!!!!!! i am very happy you found your manual....it does help!!!!!!!:D and as cowboy said, keeping it in a drawer does help with the dusting!!!!!!!! lol:)