1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Recived my new(old) EFI system

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Nov 19, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I recived my new to me EFI system today , the guy said he was told the enging had 18K on it all look's good at least nothing broken :rolleyes: , I looked down the throat & noticed that the front of the intake was a lot darker then the rearas is is going the front cyl & rear cyl So a good cleaning tomorrow & install by Friday , don't have the 18 mo old grand daughter on friday so no tools will have to be run down trying to catch her :cool: she lokes to help papa fix things ,I raised all me kids to help fix things I'am just getting to old to try & run after them to get the tool I need at that time :eek:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehehehe now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:
  3. cowboy

Well I spent the day or a part of in the shop , Got the bike all put back together EFI works real good , then I noticed the shift linkage was gut hanging down off the front mount :( but I have a spare new take off from the bay came in a box of parts Thee guy said he was going to just throw some extra parts in so I just need to swap it out :D & I'll be singing back in the saddle again back where a friend is a friend :D
  4. chucktx

that is great!!!!!!! it really does my heart good to see how bikers help bikers out.....throwin extra parts in was a really cool thing to do!!!!! have fun and stay safe buddy.......glad ya all back together!!!:)
  5. cowboy

Well on thanksgiving day I took her off the jack & put 2 miles on her , so yesterday my son called me & we went riding about 65 miles round trip we went to buddys of my son's & had a good time helping him lower his front end night train left about midnight then the rain started we got to a dennys & had a bite to eat & coffee then started the 30 miles home in the rain just light jackets & wet not cold just soaked :D but all in all had a real good time riding with my son & helping out someone who wants to learn how to do it him self :cool:
  6. chucktx

sounds like a great day ........glad y'all had fun and didnt have to ride in a freezing rain!!!!!!!:)
  7. cowboy

that's what my son was saying when we stop to clean our glasses off , My bike ran just about like new with only 56k miles :D , I thought my son was going to have some trouble with the hypr chamber a cleaner but he did'nt
  8. chucktx

i have wondered how those work in the rain.........
  9. cowboy

His did real good never missed a lick he's running the S&S evo 88 in with the S&S E carb & the hyper chamber with A K&N filter bike runs real good even in the rain :D