1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Recommend a race tuner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jwetovick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick New Member

I have an 04 Road King I bought from a friend about 6 months ago. He put a stage II 95 kit with true dual Bassani pipes and a hypercharger when he bought it new. At that time he did not put any type of race tuner on the bike. Now has 25k miles on it. When I bought it the bike would fall on its face at higher rpm just before needing to shift so I thought I would put a vance and hines fuel pak on it. Bad idea so far!! Lots of popping and not having much luck getting the right map from Fuel Pak.
    Called many Harley shops and all recommend a race tuner. Obviously I was trying to sav a buck or two by putting on the fuel pak for a 1/3 of the price. But now wishing I would have saved that money! I just would like to know how much difference I will notice by putting on a race tuner. Obviously it will fine tune to the nose hair but am wondering if by not putting this on when the motor work was originally done what damage may already be done to the motor??? Any suggestions??? Would appreciatd your input!!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

SE Race tuner is no longer available from HD
    It's the "super tuner " or some crap no cd you have to order it and the cables extra.

It's a good product

The people that make it are Mastertune

and they have really improved it, I will be getting it for my 09 RG

It has the ability to do some self tuning on the VE tables, which cuts the work.

Basically you can tune the bike yourself, JMO things like the VH power pack and DFO's are all but useless on 04 and up bikes. The SERT if you have it or the Mastertune allow custom VE, AFR and Timing tables.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The PC 111 should work good on the 04 RK or you can try the TFI it's a basic plug & play
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

just up'd to the super tuner (OOPS won it on ebay) so will give impressions after I recieve it and down losd it . Hope it the improvement I heard of compared to the race tuner.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

IH I hope it's a brand new unit, SERTs cannot be used on more than one bike, once the Dongle (key) is mated to the SN of a bike it cannot be used anywhere else.