1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Recommended UK supplier

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by NeilP, Nov 17, 2009.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

I have just ordered a Stage 1 kit for my 04 XL 883 Sportster and also want to do the air cleaner and exhaust.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good supplier for the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 Air filter Kit in the UK? Or is the Screaming Eagle kit just as good?

Also need to make up my mind what to do with the exhaust. Will probably go for slip on replacement mufflers at present, but what to go for? What is easily available here in the UK?

Any advice on what to get and from whom (in UK) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

neil welcome , I did the SE slip on's & SE air kit on my daughters 04 883 bike ran /runs real good with these changes , I was going to move your post up to teck talk , more will see it there ,I think we have some members in the UK they might see this & let you know
  3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

OK, thanks for that.

Move it to where ever you think appropriate.

I am wondering what the difference is between the Arlen ness Big Sucker kit and the SE air filter kit, since from what I have seen, the SE kit from the HD dealership online page is a lot less (£35) than the Big Sucker kit (£120 buy it now price on e-bay)

Would rather just get a 'big' Harley, but need to think about the mortgage for the house, so can only afford a 883 at the moment.

Neil
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Cowboy,
    do you perhaps still have the Harley part numbers for SE airfilter kit and slipons for the Sportster? On our local HD website, all I can seem to find is the kits for 07 models and EFI bikes, nothing for my 04 Sportster.

Cheers

Neil
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ness big sucker has a cleanable K&N type filter that your wash, rinse, re oil and reuse

THe HD SE filter is disposable it cannot be cleaned, so you get to buy more filters..

Buy the Ness...
  6. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

7. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The Ness Big Sucker uses your stock cover so you should be fine. I have used these assemblies for years on several bikes and really like their ease of use.
  8. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Cheers

Now to find a supplier who will send to the UK...most will not...many US suppliers will not even accept UK credit cards, unless I can source one from the UK
  9. hotroadking

talk to Phil at
    California Phil's Concordia, KS (785) 243-9991 in Kansas
    he ships to a friend on another board in the UK.

Do you have an account at www.paypal.com

might be a way to transfer funds.

Phil is a long time friend, he will take care of you if he can.
    you can tell him HRK sent you, but it will probably cost extra LOL

californiaphil at sbcglobal dot net
  10. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Thanks

Yes, i do have paypal, so can use that if he won't do it via credit card.

Now need to decide what exhaust system or slip ons to go for to match the CVP stage 1 kit. bit more reading required I think, he seems to stock a big range of exhausts. I think due to cost it will have to be slip ons and if I buy from phil then it will have to be something he stocks
    I have read all the advice n
    Harley Stage 1 Upgrade

but am still no nearer a choice.

What is a good option in slip ons to go for with the CVP Stage 1 Tuners kit, and a Big Sucker stage 1 filter system?

Thanks for your great help, this is my first Harley, and first time doing any tuning on anything apart from diesel tractor engines!

Cheers

Neil
  11. hotroadking

Neil, check your PM's I sent you a msg regarding some mufflers/exhaust systems

I have a couple of deals you might be interested in...
  12. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Great, thanks

13. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Do what we do in the US.... Refi the house, take out all the equity, by the big HD or ifn it was me, the CVO Ultra. Then let the stupid house go the the bank in a year. :D Who needs a house when you got a CVO Ultra. You can stay at all your girl friends houses :D

There is a guy named Ashley on this post that pops in every so often. He is from the UK and a good guy for you to know. He rides all over the world from the sounds of it. Try to PM him and introduce yourself. You won't regret it. Again his user name is Ashley.

Good luck, Tom
  14. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Ummm tempting.

I will lok up Ashley and see what info on UK suppliers he can give me

Cheers